• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kompact for OS X when?

Share/Bookmark

Kompact for OS X when?

When are we going to see the OS X version of Kontact and Kompact? Seems to be taking quite a long time to bring it over.
    I know I\'d buy it if it was available for X.
    J [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Re: Kompact for OS X when?

Somewere on the NI site theres a chart showing when the planned releases are.Do a search on there site...Rich

Actually, I have. That\'s why I was asking. The Kompact release moved from September to October. And the Kontact date says September and that\'s pretty much over.
    Must be having trouble coding for X.
    Cheers,
    J

Yea ,NI tries really hard i think.But there putting out so many things.And the multitude of platforms each inst. has to be able to be compatable with,I`m sure makes there life hell.They need to hire someone... [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img] [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Rich

Originally posted by Jamie Haggerty:
    Actually, I have. That\'s why I was asking. The Kompact release moved from September to October. And the Kontact date says September and that\'s pretty much over.
    Must be having trouble coding for X.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Yes, I noticed they very quietly changed \"09/2003\" to \"10/2003\" on that chart. I\'m not desperate yet but I\'m worried about continued slippage, and they don\'t seem to be being up-front about it (no official announcement or note that I saw). Kompakt should have been OS X from the start, I have lots of problems running it in OS 9 (apart from the problem of no being able to use it with all my OS X software).

If u go to the NI forum ~under Kontakt,You`ll find an \"official\" apology and update fon the current progress of the OSX updatefrom Julian Ringel .They`ve had alot of unforseen problems in the beta process but are trying to get it out as soon as possible..Rich

Go Back to forum