• Register
  • Help

Topic: Stand alone Sampler

Share/Bookmark

Stand alone Sampler

I would like to use giga sampler as a stand alone sampler. I use a Mac with Pro tools and Digital performer/Logic as a recorder and seq. What do I need to use this as a sound module (midi and audio)(Hardware and software) How difficult and stable is it used this way?
    Thanks
    JE

Re: Stand alone Sampler

I use Giga Studio 160 as a stand alone sampler on a PC with a Pro Tools 24 Mix TDM system on a G4/466 purchased from the Complete Mac on Bardstown Road in Louisville, and it works great for me. I previously had the Giga PC with a Frontier Wave Center PCI card which has 2x2 midi i/o and SPIDF i/o and the PT Mac with a Midiman Midi Sport 2x2 and the Digi 888/24 SPIDF i/o connected. This setup worked great for me.

I had an extra Mac 9600/300 and Opcode Studio 64XTC sitting around and not doing anything. A couple of months ago, I set up the Mac 9600/300 with the Studio 64XTC midi interface as the central midi brain of my studio. Everything now feeds into the midi i/o\'s of the Studio 64XTC on the 9600....Pro Tools 24 Mix on the G4, Giga Studio on the PC, various midi controllers, and a Kurzweil K2500 with KDFX and Sampling option installed by Chris Bizaines and purchased from Bizaines Music in Louisville all feed into the Mac 9600 Studio 64XTC.....I see you are from Louisville... so am I.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Louis:
    I use Giga Studio 160 as a stand alone sampler on a PC with a Pro Tools 24 Mix TDM system on a G4/466 purchased from the Complete Mac on Bardstown Road in Louisville, and it works great for me. I previously had the Giga PC with a Frontier Wave Center PCI card which has 2x2 midi i/o and SPIDF i/o and the PT Mac with a Midiman Midi Sport 2x2 and the Digi 888/24 SPIDF i/o connected. This setup worked great for me.

I had an extra Mac 9600/300 and Opcode Studio 64XTC sitting around and not doing anything. A couple of months ago, I set up the Mac 9600/300 with the Studio 64XTC midi interface as the central midi brain of my studio. Everything now feeds into the midi i/o\'s of the Studio 64XTC on the 9600....Pro Tools 24 Mix on the G4, Giga Studio on the PC, various midi controllers, and a Kurzweil K2500 with KDFX and Sampling option installed by Chris Bizaines and purchased from Bizaines Music in Louisville all feed into the Mac 9600 Studio 64XTC.....I see you are from Louisville... so am I.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Email me sometime. I would like to talk to you in more detail about your setup.
    JLEpperson@Headfirstmedia.com
    Thanks

So Louis you simply MIDI out of the Mac into the PC, with the Mac sequencer triggering the GS PC?

Were keyboard/controllers going into the PC or the Mac?

Please forgive the obvious but I\'m new to this whole process of setting GS up on a dedicated machine.

------------------
    Singer/songwriter/guitarist/producer

www.mp3.com/griffin

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by CodyG:
    So Louis you simply MIDI out of the Mac into the PC, with the Mac sequencer triggering the GS PC?

Were keyboard/controllers going into the PC or the Mac?

Please forgive the obvious but I\'m new to this whole process of setting GS up on a dedicated machine.
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

In basic terms, midi is not at all complicated. If you could tell me what computers you have and what audio and digital interfaces you have on each of them, what sequencing and audio programs you have and which computer they are installed on, and what midi keyboards/controllers you have, I can give you clear instructions as to how to connect your various devices and also tell you what settings to have on your various computers within your audio and sequencing programs and sound cards.

If you would like to post your email address, we could correspond by email which may be easier.

Go Back to forum