• Register
  • Help

Topic: My recent trip to Auschwitz for the 70th

Share/Bookmark

My recent trip to Auschwitz for the 70th

I am a bit busy right now, but here is an article about my trip with Eva Kor, an Auschwitz and Mengele twin experiment survivor for the 70th Commemoration of the liberation of Auschwitz.

MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Re: My recent trip to Auschwitz for the 70th

No one can or should forget what happened at these horrible places. However, it comes to my mind all the other millions who died during the war, people who just wished to live in piece, Russian, German, American, English, Canadian who perished in order to defeat a madman. And the other 20 million who died because of an other madman, Stalin, "uncle Joe" to the Americans (for a while). No one mention these millions by now. We should learn from the Jewish people, and remember when we vote for new wars, new death and suffering.

Ted

I am not so sure that no one remembers all of the other millions who died.
    I suppose you could say that the focus for many is the Jewish Holocaust, but the others are not totally forgotten.
    By the way, I did not mention this, but we had a Rwandan genocide survivor with is on this trip as well.
    Eva Kor's Holocaust Museum monthly brings in speakers that deal with other genocides.
    This month a speaker at CANDLES was an American Indian, who spoke of the genocide of Native Americans.
    Her focus does deal with the Jewish genocide, and also the power of forgiveness.
    She chose to unchain herself from Dr. Mengele and the s by forgiving them, thereby releasing her hold by them.
    Forgiveness does not change the past, but it does enlarge the future.

I do understand what you were saying though.
    I am not trying to be argumentative.
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Neither am I.

Ted

Here is an 2-minute intro video I created for my upcoming talks about my trip to Auschwitz.
    I created a simple soundtrack, using primarily Garritan instruments, plus a little Omnisphere.

Go Back to forum