• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: How To Bounce using Sonar XL - help!

Share/Bookmark

How To Bounce using Sonar XL - help!

Hi all,

I hate reading manuals...anyway..I am using Soanr XL 2.2 and Kontakt 1.21. I fianlly got the Audio to work and can hear all of my samples as a DXI in Sonar. (thanks to Rob and Kip)

Now I\'d like to create a .wav file for each Kontakt voice in the sequence. I noticed that the \"R\" light is gray. (in Sonar) I can\'t trigger or arm it on any of the Audio tracks that allows me to hear my Kontakt voices. How can I create a .wav file of any of my Kontakt voices in Sonar?

Please be specific..and thanks for any assistance..

Alan Russell

Re: How To Bounce using Sonar XL - help!

Alan,

You\'ll need to bounce to another track. I\'m still bouncing out to my mixing board and then back into the input on my sound card. There are other ways but I\'ve been using an external reverb unit.

Sonar 3 has a freeze function so you can do this bounce digitally. Should be getting Sonar 3 almost any day now.

Haydn,

\"\"Sonar 3 has a freeze function so you can do this bounce digitally.\"\"

Does this mean it can be done internally (from with in Sonar 3.0) or do I have to send the audio from my mixing board back to my sound card?
    In Gigastudio, the capture to wave was a breeze to use with Sonar XL 2.2 Maybe Kontakt v1.3 can better this..otherwise this is too tedious..

BTW, My Sonar 3.0 Producer should be on my desk within 2 weeks..I did get a free upgrade from Sonar XL v2.2....caught the academic upgrade..

Alan,

The freeze function will work without bouncing outside the computer from my understanding. I just received an email a couple days ago that Sonar 3 was shipping early and was on its way!

Alan,

I\'m curious to know more about the free academic upgrade.

Rob,

I am an educator of over 20 years. I purchased Sonar XL 2.2 for a school last week in September of 2003 for $239.95. This was an acedemic price with proof of being a teacher, student etc...As advertised by AcademicSuperstore.com it came with a FREE upgrade to Sonar 3.0. I called Twelve Tone to verify which version of 3.0 was FREE. They informed me that if you bought Sonar XL 2.2 in the month of Septemeber, they would send me a FREE Sonar 3.0 Producer in the box product.
    I mailed in the paid reciept (Sonar XL 2.2) from September and I was informed it was being processed as a type. Within 2 weeks I should have it on my desk.

BTW, this Kontakt v1.21 is GREAT but this Capture to wave necessity from Sonar is a MUST...I don\'t understand how people are getting their wav files here..

Alan Russell

You\'d bounce:
    Select the midi track (all of it) and the audio track that has Kontakt on it. I usually do this by clicking on the track number on the far left.

THEN- inside Kontakt, click the \'Bounce\' button (so its highlighted)

When both are clicked and highlighted, go to Edit | Bounce to Track.

The midi that you higlighted will be quickly rendered. Rinse, Lather, Repeat with all of your midi.

As for the Sonar Upgrade. That applied to Anyone who bought Sonar 2.2xl in september. All they\'d need is their receipt and serial number sent to Cakewalk, and they\'d land Sonar 3 Producer for free. Quite a deal if you ask me. Smart ones hoping to buy sonar 3 would\'ve got 2.2xl for its lower price [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

ProfessorOak..

therefore if I understand your solution, In Sonar XL 2.2 I highlight the complete Midi Track with the Kontakt voice and also highlight the complete Audio Track that allows me to hear the Kontakt voice in Sonar. The I go to The Kontakt Screen, click \"Bounce\" then............

Next: \"\"When both are clicked and highlighted, go to Edit | Bounce to Track\"

Are you referring to the \"Edit\"/Bounce in Sonar here..If so, where will I find the wav file produced?

It does sound simple..I am preparing a lecture at the moment and not at my Keyboard..

TIA so much..

Alan Russell

yes, the Edit | Bounce to Track in Sonar.

When you select that, a dialogue box will appear asking where you want this audio. You can have it bounced to an existing audio track within your project or have it create a new track with the new bounced audio.

Hope this helps
    -dale

Dale,

I will try it and if it works for me, I owe you a Brewsky..

ok bud?

Alan Russell

BTW, I\'m giving you a vote..

Go Back to forum