• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Invalid Page Fault after SONAR

Share/Bookmark

Invalid Page Fault after SONAR

I\'m running Giga 1.6 LE on Win98 SE and everything was cool until I installed Cakewalks new SONAR. Now when I try to launch Giga LE I get a Invalid Page Fault MFC42.dll error. I\'ve tried re-installing Giga LE... no luck. I sent an email to support at Nemesys but no reply yet. Thought maybe you guys might have seen this. Please help. Thanks,
    Tom
    thomasb@cowww.com

Re: Invalid Page Fault after SONAR

Thanks Haydn and Bill,

I\'m aware of the Cakewalk newsgroup and I just posted over there with the subject SONAR and Giga LE.

I will experiment with the MFC42.dll file,
    thanks for the tip, but I just wonder how it will affect SONAR which is running great right now... Hmmmmm
    I\'ll give it a try and kepp you posted,
    Thanks

> I just wonder how it will affect SONAR

Good point. Don’t forget where you put the one you move!

Sorry I can\'t help, but it sounds like (based on your software tools, Sonar and Giga) you take your studio seriously, I would never attempt to run those two programs on the same computer. Why not get another machine and place Giga on it? Personally I think you\'re just asking for trouble in the long run...

Thanks Munsie,

Eventually I will put Giga on it\'s own box but for right now I would at least like to hear a response from Nemesys.
    Thanks Again,
    Tom

Hi Toby,

Which version of SONAR are you running? Have you installed the latest patch from Cakewalk?

You also might want to ask on the Cakewalk SONAR discussion list at http://groups.yahoo.com/group/CakewalkSonar/

There are a few people there who are active with both Giga and SONAR that might also be able to help you out.

Ryan.

------------------
    Sonic Control
    www.soniccontrol.com
    Giga Users Network at
    www.soniccontrol.com/gigasampler/

Thanks Synth2k,

I just posted over at the Yahoo forum, thanks for the link.
    By the way... I am using SONAR 1.0.1

Sure would love to hear from Nemesys on this error

Cakewalk has an official forum on their website at: http://www.cakewalk.com/Support/newsgroups.html

There are about 300 posts a day. This is monitored by Cakewalk itself.

I would guess that Sonar has replaced the copy MFC42.dll with a newer one (or at least, a different one). I would guess too, that re-installing GS isn’t over writing MFC42 with the older copy.

You might try moving MFC42.dll out of the Windows\\System folder before doing a re-install of GS.

After installing SONAR, I am getting the same page fault error (MFC42.DLL) trying to run GigaSampler 64. Have you had any luck adressing this? NemeSys sent me a diag.exe program to run and return the report, but that was too recent to get any reply yet. Wish I knew more about these DLL files. At least you all have provided some clue to a possible solution...Thanks

Go Back to forum