• Register
  • Help

Topic: converting sf2 to gig

Share/Bookmark

converting sf2 to gig

Hi there!

Is there anyone out there who knows what is the best way to convert sf2 (soundfonts) to gigs in GigaStudio??
    I\'ve opened some sf2-files in the Instrument Editor and chose save as to convert as gig. Although when I load them in GigaStudio on different channels and then switched to Cubase (sequencer) and switched back, all the sounds have moved around and been copied to other channels.

Also there will be some kind of echo effect on some of the converted sounds (especially percussion) when they are loaded into GS. I\'ve unchecked \"loop\" in the Instrument Editor, though but it doesn\'t seem to have any effect.

What do I do wrong??? Need help right away!
    Thanks in advance! /YP

Re: converting sf2 to gig

What you should do is, instead of loading the sound directly into the giga, then save it on the HD, and then load it into the giga. There might be a bug in giga, but this way it works, strange.

> then switched to Cubase (sequencer) and switched back,
    > all the sounds have moved around and been copied to other channels.

Sounds like Cubase is sending program change messages.

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Mads:
    What you should do is, instead of loading the sound directly into the giga, then save it on the HD, and then load it into the giga. There might be a bug in giga, but this way it works, strange.<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Mads!

I don\'t really understand what you mean. This is what I do. I open the sf2-file in the Instrument Editor, then save it as gig on the hard drive. Afterwards I load it into gigastudio. Is this the wrong way or did I misunderstand you??

Please write back!

/YP

Go Back to forum