• Register
  • Help

Topic: Cellooooooo!!!

Share/Bookmark

Cellooooooo!!!

Hey guys,

Here's a very short piece I did in about 10 minutes last night while doing a test run of a new VI which is absolutely WAY too much fun to play. I think my poor girlfriend may never see me again. :P

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my short musical doodle. I'll be working on a longer piece for Cello shortly.

https://soundcloud.com/michaeldmiles/cellooooooo
    Warning: clicking on these links may result in spontaneous combustion.

Twitter

Soundcloud

Re: Cellooooooo!!!

Hi Michael,

What do you mean by "a new VI"? As far as I know, there are only 2 VI's (the standard and the pro version). Do you mean that you have purchased one or more solo instruments (the cello) in the SE or in the full version?

Anyway, as you say it, the instrument (cello) sounds wonderful. Only some overlapping notes should be worked away. The legato patches are difficult to handle. The best way to deal with them is to work as much as possible with the standalone VI, in order to get acquainted with the way they behave. And remember: A patch is only a patch and its name doesn't aways say where and how to use it (e.g. a legato isn't always the best option for slurred passages...).

I wish you a lot of musical pleasure with VI.

Max

Hi Max,

Unless I'm mistaken VI usually refers to Virtual Instrument. Maybe you're thinking of something else?

Either way, it's a lot of fun to play around with. Lots of work to do, but it shouldn't be too hard to get this one sounding really clean!

Twitter

Soundcloud

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    Hey guys,

Here's a very short piece I did in about 10 minutes last night while doing a test run of a new VI which is absolutely WAY too much fun to play. I think my poor girlfriend may never see me again. :P

Anyway, I hope you enjoy my short musical doodle. I'll be working on a longer piece for Cello shortly.

https://soundcloud.com/michaeldmiles/cellooooooo
    Very, very impressive. Be kind to this uninformed guy and tell me what this wonderful new VI is.

Tom

It must be a secret VI! Too good to divulge!

Ted

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    Hi Max,

Unless I'm mistaken VI usually refers to Virtual Instrument. Maybe you're thinking of something else?

Either way, it's a lot of fun to play around with. Lots of work to do, but it shouldn't be too hard to get this one sounding really clean!
    Hi Michael,

Indeed, there is some mixing up of things here: VI in my view stands for Vienna Instruments (instance), the native player for the Vienna Instruments Library (VSL) with which you have lots of possibilities to sculpt the sound of an instrument or group. Obviously, this was not the meaning of the abbreviation. A reason more to praise your achievement!
    Max

I'd say it's either the Aria Sound Cellist or the Embertone Blakus Cello.

VI is definetely the acronym for virtual instrument. In fact V.I. Control is THE sample composer's site. I believe that's where everyone from the Northern Sounds forum went, including the VI developers and their advertisments.

Hey guys,

It's actually the Tina Guo Legato cello from Cinesamples. I've been super pleased with it so far, and it blends beautifully with all my other libraries so far. I can't wait to show you the longer piece I'm working on!

Twitter

Soundcloud

Go Back to forum