• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Our New Christmas Project 2015 ~ Nominate Your Song

Share/Bookmark

Our New Christmas Project 2015 ~ Nominate Your Song

Hello Everyone,

Well, a little bit later than usual but here it is .....

Friends Of Garritan Christmas Celebration 2015

Due to Gary Garritan's departure from MakeMusic, there have been significant changes and a few hurdles to manage. I've spent the past couple of months working to secure the future of our project.

I've been in contact with Gary, Dan and MakeMusic and am pleased to say that the way is now clear for us to continue our beautiful Christmas Music tradition for this 12th year without MakeMusic's involvement.

Gary is giving us his full support and Dan has kindly agreed to continue mastering the project. Also, I have written confirmation from MakeMusic that they have no issues with us continuing without them.

There are a few changes and these are as follows:

(a) MakeMusic will no longer be involved with the running of our project.
    (b) A new project name, hence 'Friends Of Garritan Christmas Celebration'.
    (c) The project to return to its original 'home' here at 'Northern Sounds'.
    (d) I shall take care of hosting the files and basic art-work etc.
    (e) Release forms (needed for the previous two volumes) will no longer be required.

I would recommend those of us nominating songs here to start work on them as soon as possible. It might seem that Christmas is a long way off however, it's surprising just how long it can take and many people, over the years, have not managed to make the deadline.

One of the requirements of participation has been that a song can only be nominated once so this list is important. Now that we have our list started, we can nominate our song and then start work on it comfortably knowing that our song has been reserved.

Entries are sent in as a full audio file (.wav .au) and not an mp3. Those involved will need to use one of the free hosting sites available to upload their file, or, of course, can use their personal web space, then provide a download link.

When your file is ready please do not post a link here. I'll post more information on where to send your links at a later date.

The requirements for involvement have been as follows and these have been copied from previous years. These will remain unchanged for this present project. An important feature is that those who enter their work for our Christmas CD retain full ownership of their arrangement/recording/original composition; this is not compromised in any way by anyone.

(Disclaimer) These are collected from previous years and not set down by me.

(a) A song can be nominated once. If a song is already nominated please choose another song.
    (b) One song per person so no medleys. (These encroach on other entries).
    (c) Your song must be in the public domain. If unsure try an internet search to check.
    (d) Your song can be an original, for which you own copyright, and must clearly reflect Christmas.
    (e) Your entry must be your own performance/recording.
    (f) Your song must use Garritan libraries and instruments only.
    (g) A live recording of a singer or choir can be used.
    (h) Please do not use live recordings of instruments. (Listeners might confuse with libraries).
    (i) The duration of your recording should be no more than 4 minutes.
    (j) The deadline for sending in all entries is October 31st.
    (k) Sending in the song is no guarantee that it will be included on the CD.
    (l) As in previous years, all entries are offered freely and may be downloaded freely.

Please name/nominate the song title you wish to enter and I'll add it to this list. The song is then reserved for you to prepare and enter.

Here are our entries so far:

01. It Came Upon The Midnight Clear ..... Michael Bolt
    Michael
    Patience is a virtue, sensitivity is a gift

Re: Our New Christmas Project 2015 ~ Nominate Your Song

I wasn't able to log in! Hope this goes through.

I would like to reserve "The Twelve Days Of Christmas" for the 2015 project.

Thanks for your hard work in coordinating it!

Regards,

Frank
    Frank D'Erasmo
    FABD Music - Arrangements-Orchestrations
    All Styles ... Specializing in Jazz, Theater, Latin & Pop

Garritan JaBB, GPO, CoMB, World, GAS, Stradivari Violin & GigaStudio. Sonar X2 Producer, Pro Tools, Performer & Finale.

Hello Frank,

Thanks for your nomination. I'm so pleased that you are joining our project once again.

That's a great favourite you've chosen (Twelve Days of Christmas). With your unique arrangement style I think we are all in for a treat with this one.

02. The Twelve Days Of Christmas ..... Frank D'Erasmo

For my full introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Friends Of Garritan Christmas Celebration Project 2015 Announcement

Michael
    Michael

I will be doing my own original "Hoosier Christmas".
    MacPro 2.66 - Tiger & Snow Leopard / 16GB RAM / several TB of HD space/ Garritan Libraries / EWQLSO Platinum PLAY / Omnisphere/ Kontakt 2 & 3 / Finale 2010 /DP5/ a VERY patient wife!

Hello Indianamusic,

WOW .. our third nomination already. Thanks for joining our project.

Also our first original song, 'Hoosier Christmas', wonderful. I really look forward to hearing it.

03. Hoosier Christmas ..... Indianamusic

For my full introductory post which has more information, including song entry requirements, please see my first post in this thread or click on the following link:

Friends Of Garritan Christmas Celebration Project Announcement 2015

Michael
    Michael

I will work on "Stille, Stille, Stille" for this year-

Jim

I started it last year, should have it ready in time (It's fairly ambitious)

"Carol of the Bells"

Cheers!
    Cheers,

Kevin F..

KM Frye- (SOCAN)
    Music Director- Four Seasons Musical Theatre- 2016

Bella Vista Studios
    Canada

GPO4, JABB3, Garritan World Inst, REAPER, Roland VS2480 DAW

Hello Jim,

Many thanks for your nomination. It's great that you are joining the project once more this year.

I'm not familiar with your song, 'Stille, Stille, Stille' so I'm looking forward to hearing it.

04. Stille, Stille, Stille ..... Jim Hammer

Michael
    Michael

Hello Kevin,

Ah, 'Carol Of the Bells' .. that's another favourite of so many folk. Looking forward to hearing your arrangement.

Thanks for joining our project once again.

04. Stille, Stille, Stille ..... Jim Hammer
    05. Carol of the Bells ..... Kevin Frye

Michael
    Michael

I would like to do "Away In The Manger."

Jack
    Jack Cannon--MacBook Pro (2015, 13") GPO4/5, JABB3, Auth. STEINWAY, YAMAHA CFX, Gofriller CELLO, Stradivari VIOLIN, COMB2, WORLD, HARPS, PIPE ORGANS, FINALE 2014.5, Mac Pro 2.66 GHz CPU, 8 GB RAM, DP 9.5, MOTU Traveler, MOTU Micro Express, MacBook Pro (2012, 13") 2.2 Ghz CPU, 8 GB RAM.

Go Back to forum