• Register
  • Help

Topic: Double bass for Kontakt

Share/Bookmark

Double bass for Kontakt

Are there any good double bass samle libraries for Kontakt, preferably in .nki format, at least one that you know translates well to Kontakt? I like things like automatic routing of level of pickupnoise etc. to modulation wheel etc. etc.

Re: Double bass for Kontakt

Perry,

is this for the classical or Jazz Genre?

I really like Dan Dean\'s Bass Collection..

Alan Russell

I\'m aiming for more of a jazzy sound than classical, that means primarally picked double bass, not bowed, but I use it all, as my music is quite eclectic.

I think theres an acustic bass that comes with the KOntakt Lib.Ive heard the Larry Seyers Bass translates fine into Kontakt.Also u should check out Trilogy,the Acustic Bass in that is amazing.Rich

Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    I think theres an acustic bass that comes with the KOntakt Lib.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">- There sure is, and it\'s \"OK\", and really one of the best samples that come with Kontakt, but it\'s really not that good and I haven\'t been able to make it \"live\" yet, though I\'m not a wiz programming patches to give them life.

Originally posted by Rich Pell:
    Ive heard the Larry Seyers Bass translates fine into Kontakt.Also u should check out Trilogy,the Acustic Bass in that is amazing.Rich
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Thanks for the tips! I have Trilogy on my wishlist, and it really is a good idea for me, as all performance parameters are ready for me to tweak, and the demos sound really good. I\'m more into making music than assempåling sample patches, so a degree of \"readymade\" is fine for me. My worries with Trilogy is RAM consumtion, as I\'ve heard it can eat up as much as 200 MB per patch, and I will run Logic on a Powermac with only 512 MB RAM, allthough the freeze function might make that easier.

Perry,

I\'d check out the Bass Trilogy collection.

http://www.spectrasonics.net/instruments/trilogy.html

Kip McGinnis has used that accoustical bass on a few of my Jazz Song-Arrangements for his user demos. It has the right accoustical plucks IMHO.

At his Website:

Ballad (Form mom)

http://bardstownaudio.com/mp3/Wonder.mp3

Up Tempo: (In memory of Benny Green)

http://bardstownaudio.com/mp3/moon.mp3

Alan Russell

Yea, in general most of the Kontakt LIb. Kinda sucks,or at least i havent found much use for it.Though the World Percussion patch is Kool..Kompakt LIb. is MUCH better,Rich

Originally posted by Alan Russell:

I\'d check out the Bass Trilogy collection.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">- As I wrote, Trilogy sounds really good. My only real worry with it is RAM consumption, as I will only have 512 MB RAM on my Powerbook, running Logic Platinum 6 under OSX, and just OSX is said to consume more than 100 MB RAM.

I tried using Kirk Hunter\'s bass and Dan Dean\'s bass, but both were not working correctly. I heard only a few notes here and there. All of the other instruments were playing fine.
    I am using the demo version until my purchased copy arrives.

Go Back to forum