• Register
  • Help

Topic: Why is it so difficult to convert Akai sounds?

Share/Bookmark

Why is it so difficult to convert Akai sounds?

[This message has been edited by Endicott (edited 09-08-2001).]

Re: Why is it so difficult to convert Akai sounds?

I\'m not sure either.

I bought Translator to convert my Ensoniq library and was shocked at how horrible the conversions were.

I mean, even something as simple as the attack was way off. In my EPS sample, it was a slow fade in but in the translated version, it was like a piano envelope.

Can it really be that hard???

I\'ve used all the programmes and have to admit to varying results. What I\'ve noticed is that they\'re getting better all the time. It just seems that these programmes have only started to really \'mature\' in the last 6-12 months.

Avalon, have you been in touch with Garth at Chicken Systems about the EPS? My impression is that he\'s a real Ensoniq head and would be highly motivated to solve any niggle you have...

Why don\'t you guys (Avalon and Endicott) take advantage of the file reporting facilities that Translator has? If you don\'t like a Translator translation, simply e-mail the source file and a brief description into Chicken Systems and we\'ll comment or fix it within 24 hours.

We test Akai and Ensoniq -> Giga all the time and the translations are in top form. You\'re RIGHT - it\'s not that hard. It\'s not that hard also to submit files that don\'t sound right - that way you can get those taken care of.

Unless you just want to complain about it...

------------------
    Garth Hjelte
    Chicken Systems Customer Support
    Home of \"Translator\"

I will contact Chickensys. Thanks for the reply, its always good to see that someone is willing to help and truly support their product.

Let\'s hope we can get this to work then.

I\'ve had no trouble converting AKAI disks to Giga format using CDExtract.

If you want it . . email me . . I can arrange something perhaps.

richiedude@yahoo.com

Go Back to forum