• Register
  • Help

Topic: Two Part Adventures

Share/Bookmark

Two Part Adventures

Two Part Adventures for Piano, Bk 1

This is the first installment of a planned series of undetermined length. It will be added to now and then as the spirit moves.

Book 1 consists of 5 short 2 part pieces, more conventional than I have written in a LONG time! I have no idea what prompted me to write this almost conventional material, but now that I have begun the series, I like it.

In keeping with the adventurous mood, there are no dynamics or expressions indicated other than tempo, and that can be flexible. My outlook is that faster would be better than slower than the indicated tempo. Whatever tempo is adhered to, number 1 should be fairly rigid. The rest can be flexible. Above all, I want the performer to excercise artistic interpretation rather than rigidly follow a set of instructions. Since there is only one performer, this outlook will not generate any problems of sync between players.

The input device was my fairly new digital piano, using GPO Steinway as output device. I would prefer to use the digital piano as output device, but at the time of recording, there were problems that I had not learned to handle.

All of the pieces are subject to inclusion in a larger work, or further development. Currently, all are roughly a minute in duration.

Richard

Re: Two Part Adventures

Hello Richard:

I have apologized before for my square musical head, so you know me.
    However, I admire your inventiveness, you technical prowess. Also, the second, tokk me as a surprise, I hear Chinese melody, very nice, and I like it.
    Thanks for posting it. Your work is so obvious musical value, it should be known more widely.
    I disagree with your medium difficulty, I would not even attempt to play it!!

Ted

Re: Two Part Adventures

Greetings, Ted! Thanks for the comments. I had reservations about the difficulty, and will probably change it.

Richard

Go Back to forum