• Register
  • Help

Topic: Running 2x gigastudios

Share/Bookmark

Running 2x gigastudios

I currently have gigasampler and was considering upgrading to gigastudio.

Tell me: is it possible to run multiple copities of gigastudio on several PCs and thus get 160 x n polyphony?

I guess I just install a midi card on each PC and output the audio into a mixing desk?

If I used a master PC, how could I route the audio output (in digital form) back into something like VST?

A network, perhaps?

Re: Running 2x gigastudios

> is it possible to run multiple copities of gigastudio on several PCs

Yes. One per system, of course. NemeSys sells a site license that will save you $$.

> how could I route the audio output (in digital form)

Set up each system with an audio card with digital outputs. Your master PC will need enough inputs to handle all the incoming channels.

Thanks for that.
    You mention outputting each PC\'s audio output digitally via the sound-card. Is it possible to network several PCs together and use the network to create a \'virtual\' audio channel(s) from each gigastudio, which can then be routed into VST?
    e.g. imagine I had two gigastudios running concurrently on two separate machines. Is it possible to route the output of each gigastudio back into VST over a network for mixing and possible DSP before outputting through the major PC soundcard?
    Incidentally, what is the site license? I am not exactly what you\'d define as a site, merely someone who can foresee himself running out of polyphony rather quickly!
    I guess I could just use each gigiastudio along with NFX as two different instruments, sequence them up as such and then just capture the output digitally as you say... mmm... interesting...

> Is it possible to use the network to create a \'virtual\' audio channel(s)

Unfortunately, no. There’s an emerging standard called mLan, developed by Yamaha, that uses FireWire for MIDI/Audio data. There’s no knowing if or when GSt will support that.

> what is the site license?

When you’re running GSt on more than one machine, you buy one full copy and one ‘Key’ for each additional machine. I think the Keys are about half price.

Go Back to forum