• Register
  • Help

Topic: v2.2 Update

Share/Bookmark

v2.2 Update

Giga Users,

We have just uploaded a new build to our web
    site- Build 37. After a couple of weeks of working with our beta team we feel
    very strong that this is very close to the release code. We appreciate all the comments/suggestions/complaints that
    you have given us so far. Feel free to give this version a spin. In addition, to the a number of minor cosmetic fixes, there are two major improvements that I would like to make
    you aware of:

A description of the two major features:

Recovery mode for dropped interrupts. As Matt
    et. al have pointed out, there are some systems that suffer from a very periodic
    pop/click. The period seems to be 2 minute
    in length. The common parameters of these systems seems to be
    larger memory footprints, Win 98, and larger performances
    (usually more than 70% of system). Although
    we have not been able to determine who is
    getting into the system and holding off the
    audio card, we have been able to debug the
    problem enough to know that interrupts are being lost at the hardware level. To counter this situation we have added in some recovery modes into the software,
    allowing the hardware to recover from missed interrupts.

Acceleration Tags. This is a really cool one,
    and one that anyone using the editor a lot will appreciate. It is basically in v2.2
    because we held off the release due to
    the first issue. In any case, the idea is that editor can create
    an acceleration tag for a .gig and store it into a file. If the
    file is loaded into the editor at a later
    time and it has the acceleration tag,
    then it will loaded in seconds.
    Gigabyte size instruments can be edited quickly, without much download time due to loading the instrument. It should make
    the editor and studio feel much more integrated.

Regards,
    Joe

Re: v2.2 Update

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jbibbo:
    Giga Users,

We have just uploaded a new build to our web
    site- Build 37. After a couple of weeks of working with our beta team we feel
    very strong that this is very close to the release code. We appreciate all the comments/suggestions/complaints that
    you have given us so far. Feel free to give this version a spin. In addition, to the a number of minor cosmetic fixes, there are two major improvements that I would like to make
    you aware of:

A description of the two major features:

Recovery mode for dropped interrupts. As Matt
    et. al have pointed out, there are some systems that suffer from a very periodic
    pop/click. The period seems to be 2 minute
    in length. The common parameters of these systems seems to be
    larger memory footprints, Win 98, and larger performances
    (usually more than 70% of system). Although
    we have not been able to determine who is
    getting into the system and holding off the
    audio card, we have been able to debug the
    problem enough to know that interrupts are being lost at the hardware level. To counter this situation we have added in some recovery modes into the software,
    allowing the hardware to recover from missed interrupts.

Acceleration Tags. This is a really cool one,
    and one that anyone using the editor a lot will appreciate. It is basically in v2.2
    because we held off the release due to
    the first issue. In any case, the idea is that editor can create
    an acceleration tag for a .gig and store it into a file. If the
    file is loaded into the editor at a later
    time and it has the acceleration tag,
    then it will loaded in seconds.
    Gigabyte size instruments can be edited quickly, without much download time due to loading the instrument. It should make
    the editor and studio feel much more integrated.

Regards,
    Joe

<HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Joe, I have encounterd problem using the new patch and an EgoSys Waveterminal 2496 sound card. Here is what I sent to both their and your Tech supports; I hope to get some feedback from one of you:

Just installed the new 2.20.37 beta patch today and now my EgoSys Waveterminal 2496 sound card, using their latest E-WDM drivers (v1.1), fails to work correctly. Audio is heard with a distorted noise, no matter what latency setting is selected in the 2496 Control Panel. With the previous 2.20.36 GigaStudio patch, the card and driver did work (with latency set to 128 frames on the 2496 Control Panel), but I could not do a Windows Shutdown with RESTART-- sytem would hang. I could still do a normal shutdown with no problem.

I uninstalled the EgoSys E-WDM (v1.1) driver and reinstalled an early verson of the non-E-WDM driver (v1.7) and the new GigaStudio patch works fine. Computer will now successfully perfrom Windows shutdown with RESTART. I have tried every version of the EgoSys drivers, but the older v1.7 is the only one I have gotten to work correctly with all other applications (i.e., Steinberg Wavelab and GigaStudio \"capture to wave file\").

Don\'t know if this a NemeSys or EgoSys problem-- sure would like to hear something back concerning this. Every other time I have reported a problem I have never gotten a response back from either of you.

My system: PIII-800 with 512MB RAM, ASUS CUBX motherboard, 2 IBM Deskstar drives (C:/ drive on built in ATA-33 controller and GigaSamples on built in ATA-66 controller).

David,

thank you for the info. Ego Sys and NemeSys are working to clean up these issues with the new EWDM drivers. I would like to talk with you off-line about this problem. I will check with tech support for your email address, or if you would send another email to tech support with \'EWDM drivers / GigaStudio - c/o Joe\' I will make sure it gets forwarded to me.

Regards,
    Joe

Joe,
    I think Matt already told you, but I am still getting the 2 minute glitch with the latest version. I know you are having trouble recreating this, but make sure you are loading the system to say 90% +. Then grab a string sound or something that sustains, and play it with no break in the audio for over 2 minutes. I would be suprised if you do not hear a glitch.

Go Back to forum