• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 8 of 8

Topic: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Hi all,

    Can somebody tell me the proper sequence when using Sonar XL with Kontakt as a DXI to convert Giga files To Kontakt Files.

    Does one convert using the stand alone at first preparing the conversion from Giga to Kontakt or is it done while Kontakt is running as a DXI with Sonar XL open.

    I noticed that in the John Rekovich - Bigga Giggas 4 Sax Library that when I try to convert any of the Sax Giga Files to Kontakt, Kontakt comes up with a \"Corrupt window file\" This error occurs as a stand alone or as a DXI. If I allow the error to prevail as a DXI in Sonar, I can\'t rid of the error (window) and have to uninstall Kontakt completely.

    Any help appreciated..

    Alan Russell

  2. #2

    Re: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Hi all,

    Can somebody tell me the proper sequence when using Sonar XL with Kontakt as a DXI to convert Giga files To Kontakt Files.

    Does one convert using the stand alone at first preparing the conversion from Giga to Kontakt or is it done while Kontakt is running as a DXI with Sonar XL open.

    I noticed that in the John Rekovich - Bigga Giggas 4 Sax Library that when I try to convert any of the Sax Giga Files to Kontakt, Kontakt comes up with a \"Corrupt window file\" This error occurs as a stand alone or as a DXI. If I allow the error to prevail as a DXI in Sonar, I can\'t rid of the error (window) and have to uninstall Kontakt completely.

    Any help appreciated..

    Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Alan, I see you got the Bigga Giggas Sax. I\'ve converted them using the standalone, and I got no error messages, but the crossfades didn\'t work right. Let me know if you get this worked out.

  3. #3

    Re: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Sporter,

    if I took any of the crossfades, the error occured.

    What was your exact sequence in doing the conversion..please be specific I will follow your lead..

    Alan Russell

  4. #4

    Re: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Originally posted by Alan Russell:
    Sporter,

    if I took any of the crossfades, the error occured.

    What was your exact sequence in doing the conversion..please be specific I will follow your lead..

    Alan Russell
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I\'ll post a step by step when I get in front of my computer. Can\'t wait to hear some of your work with this library.

  5. #5

    Re: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Sporter,

    appreciate it bud...

    As far as the sax library goes, I\'ll have to sift thru every sample to see its potential.

    Alan Russell

  6. #6

    Re: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Guys, Kontakt CANT import x-fade patchs properly.I think ive mentioned this a couple times before.It will import the .gig samples but u have to PROGRAM the x-fade MW stuff yourself.Its not automatically done for us. I wish it did,its a hassle.I hope NI addresses this pitfall withthe next update but i doubt they will.Its too complex..Best RIch

  7. #7

    Re: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Alan,

    I noticed I did get an error message. I just ignored it.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

    In Kontact stand alone, navigate out to the folder to be converted. You should see two folders \"Programs\" and \"Samples\". You select the \"Programs\" folder. There will be a hesitation, and you\'ll get the \"corrupt file\" message. But tell it \"OK\" or whatever, and you\'ll see the names on the programs in the lower box. \"crossfade steroe sax\", \"mono sforzando\", etc, etc. Grab one and drag it to an empty program slot. You\'ll get a message asking where you want the new converted \"nki\" file, and you\'ll need to select a suitable place on your HD. It converts both patchs and samples, so you have to have room as the sample files are sizable.

    As I said, the x fade doesn\'t work. The keyswitches seem to work, however..

    Also, I have CD extract, which does the same thing without the error message, but cost $139.00.

    Hey Rich, I do remember you and otehrs posting about the x-fades. I guess some of us are just now getting around to trying. Is there a good step by step to re-programming them one you convert the samples? If you\'ve already posted it, pardon, and I\'ll do a search. You\'d think CD Extract which you have to pay for would do the job Xfades and all...but nope.

  8. #8

    Re: Proper Sequence converting Giga to Kontakt?

    Originally posted by sporter:
    Alan,

    I noticed I did get an error message. I just ignored it.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

    In Kontact stand alone, navigate out to the folder to be converted. You should see two folders \"Programs\" and \"Samples\". You select the \"Programs\" folder. There will be a hesitation, and you\'ll get the \"corrupt file\" message. But tell it \"OK\" or whatever, and you\'ll see the names on the programs in the lower box. \"crossfade steroe sax\", \"mono sforzando\", etc, etc. Grab one and drag it to an empty program slot. You\'ll get a message asking where you want the new converted \"nki\" file, and you\'ll need to select a suitable place on your HD. It converts both patchs and samples, so you have to have room as the sample files are sizable.

    As I said, the x fade doesn\'t work. The keyswitches seem to work, however..

    Also, I have CD extract, which does the same thing without the error message, but cost $139.00.

    Hey Rich, I do remember you and otehrs posting about the x-fades. I guess some of us are just now getting around to trying. Is there a good step by step to re-programming them one you convert the samples? If you\'ve already posted it, pardon, and I\'ll do a search. You\'d think CD Extract which you have to pay for would do the job Xfades and all...but nope.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Hey Sport..Glad u and others are getting into Kontakt.I`ve been using it for about a year and half(i`m I`m just scratching the surface).I have posted a step by step and couple times and for the life of me i can`t find the post.I think thers one by KingIdiot about programming the MW x-fade for VOTA in the E/W forum ..U`d have to search.Its not hard once u know how...keep bugging me about it,maybe i can find it.The othre thisn is the Forum on the NI site is amazing for Kontakt freaks.Just post anything and someone will know how to do it...I cant wait for 1.3.so curious about the new features!! Peac e Rich [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum

Tags for this Thread

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •