• Register
  • Help

Topic: Hey BLOB...More LAG Schtuf!!!

Share/Bookmark

Hey BLOB...More LAG Schtuf!!!

OK!!! Here is the bullet.

I have a K2000 and GS160. Using 450MHZ 256 Meg HP computer w/3-40gig Maxtor HDs and Promise PCI card w/no Hds on motherboard HD controller bus. 1 HD is exclusively for audio, another for streaming GIG instruments and the third is OS and programs. Am also using LAG 4.7 which is on the third HD along with GS160.

Problem....

1. When I record K2000 an then playback the track I am getting a pulsating, even tempo\'d click. Almost sounds like same timing as effects but when going totally dry with effects the click is still there. I have (at least I think I have!) disabled all the polyphonic and midi clicks in all the menus. May have missed one but if I have I don\'t know where to look!!!

2. I have recorded tracks in GS160 as you suggested for eventual import into LAG, but then I have the following malfunction.... Records just fine but when I try to play the wave file in Winamp (and some , but not all recorded waves from the K2000), I get error message that \"the DirectSound object could not be created\".

I am also using Aarvark\'s LX6 sound card.

OK I am like going totally insane here trying to figure this out. I know you are LA user and thought perhaps you may have solution to this problem. I am relatively new to LA and this program is very powerful and utilitarian. If you can provide any insight to correctin my problem I would be forever in your debt. Can\'t do squat until this is resolved.

Thanking you in advance...

Michael

[This message has been edited by midirat1255 (edited 05-22-2001).]

Re: Hey BLOB...More LAG Schtuf!!!

[QUOTE]Originally posted by midirat1255:
    [B]OK!!! Here is the bullet.

\"I have a K2000 and GS160. Using 450MHZ 256 Meg HP computer w/3-40gig Maxtor HDs and Promise PCI card w/no Hds on motherboard HD controller bus. 1 HD is exclusively for audio, another for streaming GIG instruments and the third is OS and programs. Am also using LAG 4.7 which is on the third HD along with GS160.

Problem....

1. When I record K2000 an then playback the track I am getting a pulsating, even tempo\'d click. Almost sounds like same timing as effects but when going totally dry with effects the click is still there. I have (at least I think I have!) disabled all the polyphonic and midi clicks in all the menus. May have missed one but if I have I don\'t know where to look!!!\"

Don\'t quote me on this,but it does sound like your promise card is interupting the signal flow somehow (i\'m using bog standard ide jobbies so my knowledge of ide adapter cards is precisely zilch

\"2. I have recorded tracks in GS160 as you suggested for eventual import into LAG, but then I have the following malfunction.... Records just fine but when I try to play the wave file in Winamp (and some , but not all recorded waves from the K2000), I get error message that \"the DirectSound object could not be created\".\"

Are you playing the .wav whilst giga/logic are still open? also make sure you have the direct sound plugin enable (Nullsoft directsound..in pref/plugins/output)

\"I am also using Aarvark\'s LX6 sound card.

OK I am like going totally insane here trying to figure this out. I know you are LA user and thought perhaps you may have solution to this problem. I am relatively new to LA and this program is very powerful and utilitarian. If you can provide any insight to correctin my problem I would be forever in your debt. Can\'t do squat until this is resolved.

Thanking you in advance...

Michael\"

Sorry i didn\'t reply sooner...been away
    (sounds like a line from police squad \"we\'d have come sooner but your husband wasn\'t dead then\"

You might also try turning off the UME (LAP-Options/Preferences/Communication/use unified nightmare envoking engine)

Just been searching about a bit and unfortunately Promise IDE cards get the thumbs down when it comes to streaming audio/video

But looking on the bright side...err..
    Flowers and stuff...

Maybe consider \'ditching\' the pci card?

Only sorry i can\'t do more to help a fellow Lugger..

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Blob:
    Just been searching about a bit and unfortunately Promise IDE cards get the thumbs down when it comes to streaming audio/video

But looking on the bright side...err..
    Flowers and stuff...

Maybe consider \'ditching\' the pci card?

Only sorry i can\'t do more to help a fellow Lugger..
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

For what it is worth the PCI card is a Maxtor made by Promise I believe.

Michael

The click sounds more like a midi click than anything other than what I can describe.

Michael

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by midirat1255:
    The click sounds more like a midi click than anything other than what I can describe.

Michael
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Try this- Go into your envioronment,select port and clicks layer,select the metronome object and in the box on the left underneath \'Bar\' click and hold (mine says APS A..obviously yours will be different) and from the resulting menu choose No Driver..if this stops the clicking then YAY!..if it doesn\'t then

Go Back to forum