I\'m running cubase 5r3, sw1000xg and are trying to get gigastudio 2.0 to fit in my system.
After Installation this is what happend to Cubase (whether or not i have GS turned on):
- I get some errors
\"Device could not be opened. Maybe card
is already allocated by another user or
this device does not support full duplex
\"SW/DS wavedriver is allready allocated
by another application or driver\"
- in audio-system I don\'t get to select my
asio sw+ds 32 driver, only asio
multimedia with 550 ms latency...
It seems like Gigastudio takes full control over the driver...what should I do?
Any suggestions on how to set up my system?
Kevin Phelan from Nemesys posted this on the Yahoo Nemesys newsgroup. Thought it may have some application to your plight:
It appears that Logic and Gigastudio are both fighting over the Mixtreme\'s 16
audio channels. This will happen even when
Gigastudio isn\'t actually running.
Gigastudio allows you to enable or disable each individual audio channel on the
Logic allows you to specify the *maximum number* of channels you would like to enable on the card.
So take the following steps:
1) Run Gigastudio. On the Settings->Hardware/Routing page disable all audio
output channels. Enable channels 15 and 16.
2) While Gigastudio is running, start Logic Audio. In the second Audio Drivers settings page, under ASIO choose \"Max I/O streams\"
of 14 IN and 14 OUT. Then enable ASIO and relaunch Logic.
Assuming both programs exit correctly and save their settings, it should now be
possible to start either program or both at the same time without crashes.
* This assumes that the user wants to reserve 14 channels for Logic Audio and 2
channels for Giga. Of course you can change
this. Just remember that Logic takes over a range of channels from 1 up to the max you specify. Logic ignores channels above
this max. You can assign these extra channels to Giga or to another app.
* Gigastudio 2.01.36 is a necessary update for this setup to work, because previous versions of Gigastudio wouldn\'t let you change the sample depth from 24 bits to 16 bits. Plus some problems with Logic
integration have been addressed.