• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dream Do Come True (Ballet)

Share/Bookmark

Dream Do Come True (Ballet)

Is anyone still here? Man, I use to post here all the time. Well, let's see if some of my friends are still here. I have been commissioned to compose a full length ballet called "Dreams Do Come True." (The title will probably change.) Here's about 10 minutes of it that I am working on: https://app.box.com/s/fkpmk0eej16irwtqtwq5jzyj6p857c5a
    ~Rod

Re: Dream Do Come True (Ballet)

Quote Originally Posted by composingatnight View Post
    Is anyone still here? Man, I use to post here all the time. Well, let's see if some of my friends are still here. I have been commissioned to compose a full length ballet called "Dreams Do Come True." (The title will probably change.) Here's about 10 minutes of it that I am working on: https://app.box.com/s/fkpmk0eej16irwtqtwq5jzyj6p857c5a
    ~Rod
    You certainly have created an interesting mood (essential for contemporary ballet) filled with interesting musical ideas. I am naturally curious to know what samples you were using.

Tom

The first part, "Death of a Tree" uses CineWinds Pro, Forest Kingdom, and some free sounds like the rain and thunder I found on the internet. The middle section starting with the horn is all Cinesamples, and then the last fast section so far is all Garritan but I am going to redo it with Cinesamples.
    ~Rod

And the choir is the Soundrion micro choir that I won here during a contest.

Thank you. Again, very well put together.

Tom

Thank you for being the one to listen.

Well, you've created plenty of interest and action dance music with this. I checked out some modern ballet on YouTube and it looks like modern ballet can morph into what was once called modern dance.

I kept thinking I was listening to soundtrack music but if it works, it works. The Rite Of Spring sounds like proto soundtrack music(at least to me)but it was probably a soundtrack to what the composer evisioned for the live stage. Sort of the same thing though. Hopefully this won't start riot. lol

I wish you and the dancers success with this performance.

Phil

Go Back to forum