• Register
  • Help

Topic: what libraries to extend gpo io in to film work

Share/Bookmark

what libraries to extend gpo io in to film work

I use and love gpo and io (friedlander violin, ...) for composing in classical and film based styles. I want to move into more non orchestra based atmospherics, bases, pads .. ( film score type work). What do people recommend as a good fair $$ libraries to extend into.

Note: so many of the sampler libraries like kontakt, sampletank 3.5, ... dupilcate the orchestra, piano, strings I already get with gpo/io - so is there something for the money where I feel I getting enough other types of sounds to complement (rather than duplicate) gpo? Again more pads,bases,atmospherics ...

Re: what libraries to extend gpo io in to film work

In today's world Spectrasonic Omhosphere is considered to be a good leader for what your looking for. However, I have been very interested in pads myself and I found my beauty for a good price too! Check out Helix:

Audjoo - Helix

You can get some real good stuff out of this. I have fallen in love with the Deep Calm Pad setting for warm atmospheres. You can download a trial right off their site. It was well worth the money!

Regards,

Richard

I have Spectrasonic's Omnisphere and it is wonderful!

Omnisphere 2 should be out any day now!

Tom

Not sure if this would interest you, but EastWest just started a subscription plan. For $30/month, you have access to any 7 of their libraries. This might be a good way to test drive out a few different products to find out which one works best with what you already have.

Michael
    Warning: clicking on these links may result in spontaneous combustion.

Twitter

Soundcloud

That is good to hear, I'm sold!

Quote Originally Posted by Michael135 View Post
    Not sure if this would interest you, but EastWest just started a subscription plan. For $30/month, you have access to any 7 of their libraries. This might be a good way to test drive out a few different products to find out which one works best with what you already have.

Michael

Audjoo - Helix is quite good - downloaded and playing with the demo version. - thanks
    Synthmaster is similar: in reasonable price and a darker atmospheric bit of everything synth.

Still looking at SampleTank 3 for a bit of everything backup of sounds to draw from.

Thanks Blue,

I'll check out that synthmaster. I haven't heard of that one. I am also in the market for looking for some more affordable synths. The darker atmosphere sounds like an interesting feature.

Regards,

Richard

You might also check out u-he.com the maker of Zebra 2 and a number of other products. You can download working versions that have intermittent noise as copy protection.

I have a demo of their Diva which is based on the old analog synths. You need a modern multicore computer for this one but it sounds great.

Go Back to forum