• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: EWQL Composers Cloud

Share/Bookmark

EWQL Composers Cloud

I am looking for one member here who are using anything from EWQL, I need help.
    Ideally I would like to communicate through emails to avoid upsetting this dedicated Forum.
    Please send me a PM if you are willing, I am sure for you it would be basic and simple, for me it is very difficult.
    Thanks

Ted

Re: EWQL Composers Cloud

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I am looking for one member here who are using anything from EWQL, I need help.
    Ideally I would like to communicate through emails to avoid upsetting this dedicated Forum.
    Please send me a PM if you are willing, I am sure for you it would be basic and simple, for me it is very difficult.
    Thanks

Ted
    I am using EWQL Symphonic Choirs in finale 2014. But I am a far cry from being an expert.

Hi Ted,

I sent you a PM. While I am by no means as experienced as some, I know the ins and outs of the EWQL lineup pretty well by now.

Let me know what questions you have and I'll be happy to answer them.

Michael
    Warning: clicking on these links may result in spontaneous combustion.

Twitter

Soundcloud

Just that I do not look ungrateful, Michael and I are in touch via email,and I thank both of you just to answer.

Ted

Michael is a very talented, young composer. I am a fan of his music. We all could learn a lot from him.

Best,

Larry Alexander

I'm quite flattered, Larry. I would not consider my self quite so talented as that, as there is much I still have to learn. That being said, for the little I do know, I'm always happy to share with others.

Michael

Twitter

Soundcloud

I can't believe that a producer of virtual instruments is offering the "Subscription Cloud" method if their instruments. I already do this with Adobe and with Microsoft Office. Downloading those programs is relatively painless when compared to downloading GBs and GBs of virtual instruments. The subscriptions plan offered by East West seems rather expensive, too.

I own their older Platinum Symphonic Orchestra using their Play engine. Purchased it a few years ago when it was offered on sale. It's OK. The Play engine has never been reliable for me. Also, the instruments are too wet sounding for my use. I like the instruments dry as what is found with the Garritan instruments.
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

The play engine has significantly improved with several of the more recent updates. The Hollywood libraries are also quite dry. I would venture to say that you won't find anything much dryer then them outside perhaps VSL which is very expensive. I find them very usable for a wide variety of purposes.

The downloading really isn't all that painful. You just tell the system what you want, and forget about it for the day. As for cost, considering that just one of the newer libraries costs upwards of $400, $30 a month is quite affordable to have access to all their samples.

I am not subscribed for now, as I already own a good chunk of their libraries and do not currently have the funds. However, I can say from the products that I do own (I have all the Hollywood collection, except for the most recent percussion) that I would highly recommend giving this a try to someone who is looking to quickly add to their sample library.

Michael

Twitter

Soundcloud

It is nice to know that East/West's Hollywood libraries are dry. They've recently sent me an email promoting an 80% discount off their Hollywood libraries (which might include their percussion libraries). It's tempting to take up on that promotion. It's very tempting! However, I don't have the $$$$ either.

Timing is everything. I recently purchased VSL's "Special Edition Complete Bundle" when it was on sale from Sweetwater. It was quite the investment! (I'll be doing a LOT of overtime this summer to pay off this recent purchase! LOL!) This set of libraries are dry as a bone, which I like. However, it does require a somewhat steep learning curve to get the best sound out of these libraries. I'm still learning. LOL! In the meanwhile, there is my trusty GPO and JABB libraries, both dry as a bone in sound, too. The ease of getting a good sound from these libraries STILL impress me.

Glad to read that the East/West libraries are working well for you. I did update the Play engine recently. I'm still having problems with it unfortunately. It could very well be user error. Oh well. . . .
    Music and humor are healthy for the soul.

Michael135 said:
    As for cost, considering that just one of the newer libraries costs upwards of $400, $30 a month is quite affordable to have access to all their samples.
    It would be a nice library to use, however, my music composition is a hobby. I don't make a dime at it so I would not be able to justify $30 a month to have all those great samples available to me. :-(

Thanks for all the info, though. It is appreciated. :-)
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Go Back to forum