• Register
  • Help

Topic: Kontakt disk streaming

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt disk streaming

Hi all,
    When you disk stream giga files in Kontakt, does Kontakt have to make a new file for every giga file you want to stream?
    I\'m wondering because one of my drives doesn\'t have the room for that.
    I would have to delete the giga file after the Kontakt conversion. Is this what\'s done? You convert to Kontakt format and then just use that? I suppose if I\'m just using Kontakt that\'s fine.

Thanks,
    Anthony Lombardi

Re: Kontakt disk streaming

Tony,

All I see is that when Kontakt makes the conversion, it creates a huge amount of .wav files for that sample in a folder. I would venture a guess that the Giga file can be deleted once you save the converted file to Kontakt..

Check with others for a safe move here..

Alan Russell

yea u can do it other ways! .Theres a post on the NI Kontatk Forum Discussing this very thing.U dont have to convert your .gig to .nki to stream.Check out the Ni forum .All ways are discussed. Peace, Rich

yeah, you just convert to NKI format and then just use that. and then delete your gig files if you need the space.

When I made the switch, I converted all of my gig stuff at once. I grabbed 8 files at a time from the kontakt browser and dragged them onto a port.

Go Back to forum