• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigasampler 64 just stops immediately or gets 40000 halt

Share/Bookmark

Gigasampler 64 just stops immediately or gets 40000 halt

I was running on Gigasampler LE version 1.62 just fine. Then I upgraded to Gigasampler 64 version 1.64, and I couldn\'t get 64 or LE to run. They stopped within a fraction of a second after startup. I\'m not sure why, but once or twice I\'ve seen a halt message window from Gigasampler (LE and 64) that gave an error \"40000\" along with a message, something about how it wasn\'t enabled properly. I saw a reference to a 40000 halt in the user forum, but the fix (changing the color resolution of the display) did not work. I\'m running an 800MHz AMD Athylon (an HP Pavilion) with 256 meg, & Windows 98 SE version 4.10.2222A. The sound card is a Hammerfall 9652 and the sequencer is Cakewalk 9.03. I\'ve tried running Cakewalk before starting Gigasampler and also tried running Gigasampler with nothing else running. I tried using the Windows task scheduler to run Gigasampler, and the scheduler log showed that Gigasampler halted within the same second that it started with an \"exit code\" of 0. I tried running GSEdit and it says that I must run Gigasampler at least once before I can run GSEdit, indicating that Gigasampler probably hasn\'t had time to initialize properly by the time it halts. I was able to get LE to work by deleting all gigasampler folders in addition to \"removing\" the application via the control panel, but the moment I install the GS 64 upgrade, I\'m back where I started with the halts. I\'ve sent messages to nemesystech.com support and so far I haven\'t heard back from them. Anybody have any suggestions in the mean time?
    Thank you,
    Walter Lewis

Re: Gigasampler 64 just stops immediately or gets 40000 halt

I dont think you can have both installed at the same time. The upgrade should remove LE.

Bill,
    Sorry, I didn\'t mean to imply that Gigasampler LE and 64 were running at the same time. Its just that you have to install LE, then the 64 upgrade. When the upgrade is installed, it automatically deletes the LE version. Just to make sure, I tried installing the 64 upgrade without LE & it terminates with an error message indicating that you must have a valid gigasampler installation.
    Thank you,
    Walter

NOTE: I also tried installing GS 64 on a Pentium II, 450 MHz machine with 128 meg running Windows 98 version 4.10.1998 and the symptoms were the same (stops within a fraction of a second with no error message).

UPDATE: I tried loading latest driver (2.60) for the Hammerfall DIGI9652 sound card & no change. Tried upgrading the P-II 450MHz system to a P-III 1GHz system & no change. Note that the Pentium system is running a different sound card (it\'s not a Hammerfall card). It has been more than a month now and I still haven\'t heard from the Nemesys support people. Are they normally this slow to respond?
    Thank you,
    Walter

PROBLEM SOLVED: I finally heard from gssupport@nemesysmusic.com after sending a help request to sales@nemesysmusic.com. The support person sent me a GSdiag.exe program to run. It generates a GSdiag.txt file which I sent back to the support person. They in turn sent me a patch that brought my Gigasampler 64 version 1.64 up to version 1.64.006. Gigasmapler 64 now works! I am happy with the support that I got, but not happy with how long it took them to get back with me. Maybe I should have sent my help request directly to gssupport@nemesysmusic.com instead of posting a request via the web page at nemesystech.com.
    Walter

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by Walter Lewis:
    PROBLEM SOLVED: I finally heard from gssupport@nemesysmusic.com after sending a help request to sales@nemesysmusic.com. The support person sent me a GSdiag.exe program to run. It generates a GSdiag.txt file which I sent back to the support person. They in turn sent me a patch that brought my Gigasampler 64 version 1.64 up to version 1.64.006. Gigasmapler 64 now works! I am happy with the support that I got, but not happy with how long it took them to get back with me. Maybe I should have sent my help request directly to gssupport@nemesysmusic.com instead of posting a request via the web page at nemesystech.com.
    Walter
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

Hi Walter, my name is Wes Hambright and I have the exact same situation as you with my upgrade. Except it has only been a week since my first request for support. I thought that was out of the ordinary, but over a month? Any way I was wondering if you could e-mail me the patches so I don\'t have to wait 6 weeks to my gigasampler working again. I would sincerely appreciate it. I don,t know if you get my e-mail address with this or not so here it is. wham5@earthlink.net
    Thank you very much and I look forward to hearing from you soon

Hi Walter, I recently read about your plight in getting your upgrade to open. Yesterday I replied to your message saying that I am experiencing the exact same situation, and I am not sure I sent my reply correctly. Any way I was wondering if you could send me that patch that you received because it\'s been a week since I first contacted tech support and I\'d rather not wait another 5 weeks to get my gigasampler running again.
    My e-mail address is wham5@earthlink.net, and would sincerely appreciate your assistance. If you have already received this request I apologize for the nagging feeling you may or may not be feeling. Thank you very much. Wes Hambright

Go Back to forum