• Register
  • Help

Topic: gigasampler and conexant150mg gm bank

Share/Bookmark

gigasampler and conexant150mg gm bank

Hello!
    I\'m new to gigasampler and i have a little problem. I have Nemesys\' Conexant 150 meg GM bank loaded on my computer. Now I can drop a midi file on top of gigasampler and all the instruments load up and then it opens Cakewalk Pro audio. everything is great...but when I go back to Gigasampler and load a different patch or patches, when I switch back to Cakewalk and play, the new patches don\'t...and it reverts back to the original instrument patches. what am i doing wrong? I\'m using Port1. Should I maybe put the changed patches in Port2 and make the reference change in cakewalk. Please help.
    Thanks.
    Jim

------------------

Re: gigasampler and conexant150mg gm bank

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by jberton:
    Hello!
    I\'m new to gigasampler and i have a little problem. I have Nemesys\' Conexant 150 meg GM bank loaded on my computer. Now I can drop a midi file on top of gigasampler and all the instruments load up and then it opens Cakewalk Pro audio. everything is great...but when I go back to Gigasampler and load a different patch or patches, when I switch back to Cakewalk and play, the new patches don\'t...and it reverts back to the original instrument patches. what am i doing wrong? I\'m using Port1. Should I maybe put the changed patches in Port2 and make the reference change in cakewalk. Please help.
    Thanks.
    Jim
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>
    Hello. I\'m geussing that GS is receiving bank select/patch info from CW that tells GS which patches to play. Any changes you make in GS will be over-ridden by the bank/patch change message from CW. Next time you change patches in GS, go to CW and change the patch info in the track properties dialog. Have fun. jmp

You have to completely exit Cakewalk, and then drag your new MIDI file onto the face of GS. Cakewalk will lauch again, with the patches in the correct channels.

It\'s kinda goofy.

thanks......
    problem is is that when i try to change the patch info in cakewalk...the new patches i put in gigasampler don\'t show up in the list. How do i get the new patches to show up in the list?

Go Back to forum