• Register
  • Help

Topic: Windows ME & GS: safe path to tread?

Share/Bookmark

Windows ME & GS: safe path to tread?

Okay so my girlfriend just got a Gateway with Windows ME and we are going to network them. I have Windows 98SE and have had GS working smoothly for about 3-4 months. I may have to upgrade to Windows ME (I don\'t know much about networking, please let me know if I can run both versions of Windows on the same network.).

Is GigaStudio compatible with Windows ME? I thought I read that people have been having problems with it but I haven\'t been visiting the site in a couple of months and when I did a search I didn\'t come up with anything really.

Thanks, Josh

Re: Windows ME & GS: safe path to tread?

Networking is no problem. Even though GSt is compatible with ME, I wouldn’t recommend changing. There’s nothing to gain, and a good chance that you’ll have problems with the upgrade.

Networking is fine. We have mixed 98/Me installations in our office. The only network issue has been printing from a Win98 computer to a printer installed on a WinMe computer. It is resolvable, however. I\'ve run GigaStudio on 98 and Me machines with equal success.

I would recommend staying on whatever system you have working. There is no need to upgrade for networking issues. Win98 and Win ME can network just fine.

Thanks, that\'s very good news!

Josh

Go Back to forum