• Register
  • Help

Topic: msg32 question for all giga users!!

Share/Bookmark

msg32 question for all giga users!!

Do you guys notice that when you boot your computer and press control-alt-delete msg32 is listed in the task list? And if you end the task and go to reboot that you get a msg32srv fault saying that it was caused by wstream.dll?

If this happens to you, tell me what version of giga you are using. If it doesn\'t happen tell me as well!

I find it very odd that giga is wrapped around the operating system upon startup. I don\'t want giga doing anything on my system unless I tell it to.

-brian

Re: msg32 question for all giga users!!

<BLOCKQUOTE><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><HR>Originally posted by bhuether:
    I find it very odd that giga is wrapped around the operating system upon startup. I don\'t want giga doing anything on my system unless I tell it to.

-brian
    <HR></BLOCKQUOTE>

That\'s pretty much the way GigaStudio (or GigaSampler) works - if you look in your System.ini file, in the [386enh] section, you\'ll see a line like Device=[some path]\\vrtkrlnd.vxd. That\'s where GigaStudio \"wraps itself around the operating system\" - if it didn\'t do that, it wouldn\'t be GigaStudio!

[This message has been edited by ursatz (edited 06-03-2001).]

> boot your computer and press control-alt-delete msg32 is listed in the task list?

It should be in the task list. It\'s part of Windows, not part of GS.

Just because msg32 is part of windows, doesn\'t mean it should be in the task list. If you uninstall gigastudio you will see that msg32 is no longer in the task list upon startup.

> I don\'t want giga doing anything on my system unless I tell it to.

Hmmm. Forget to take your medication today?

I used to get MSG32 errors when unloading certain sounds off of Distorted Reality 2, but since I have downloaded the newest version of Giga, 2.20.42, the problem is gone!

That is precisely my problem. I am running the latest version. I have had the problem with every version of GigaStudio.

Either something is inserted in the start up sequence that is not shown in the normal places that start up files are called OR GigaStudio exchanges a Nemesys-version system file for a windows-version.

Clueless

Giga installs itself in the kernel at windows startup. What would be better is when you start giga, it would do a special reboot into the kernel (giga are you listening). That way when you run your other programs, giga\'s kernel changes would not crash them since you have not started giga upon turning on the computer. Face it, it takes more time / money / effort to write code to make giga play nice with everybody else\'s software. Thats why giga suggests a giga only computer.

Check out the articles on windrivers.com. They have some good information regarding this issue.

Go Back to forum