• Register
  • Help

Topic: Can you help? Editing a gig up/down an octave.

Share/Bookmark

Can you help? Editing a gig up/down an octave.

Let\'s say I\'ve created a .gig (using samples that have unity notes). Now I want to make it an octave higher or lower. I know I can drag the regions around but then I have to manually edit all the unity notes. Maybe I\'m missing something. Is there an easy way to get this done?

Doug Marshall

Re: Can you help? Editing a gig up/down an octave.

Hey Doug,

I just select all the regions, drag them up or down an octave and then hit reload.

I\'m not sure why you\'d have to play with the unity notes.

Hi Chadwick,

Yes, that\'s exactly what I do, too. But what happens, for example, is that the C4 sample (it\'s unity note is also C4) which has been dragged from key C4 to C3 retains its unity note setting as C4 and thus Giga plays it back an octave too low (since it is a C4 sample played from the C3 key). I then have to manually change the unity note to C3 to get the original pitch and tone color.

I was hoping I was missing something. It would be nice to have a transpose function in the editor that could take care of such a chore automatically. Maybe I should post it on your giant wish list!

Doug

Doug, thanks for that. I\'ve been struggling with the same problem but I never thought of changing the unity note (cuz I have no idea what that is!). So now I will change that and maybe I can get my instrument to move down.

Jerry

Jerry, I\'m not at my Giga computer but changing the unity note (sampler tab) will do the job. If it doesn\'t you may have to check the tracking checkbox (I forget what it\'s called - unity tracking? note tracking?). Then it will absolutely work. - Doug

Go Back to forum