• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: I finally bought the software!

Share/Bookmark

I finally bought the software!

I decided to buy Kontakt. I have been using Giga for some time, but I wanted to add more flexablily to my studio. I hope everything works well.
    I am using the demo version until my copy arrives. I was surprised by the ease of use. I got the program and Finale working together in a short amount of time.
    VSL works well with it, only the key-switching was not working at all. I had to load in individual articulations.
    I have heard that a recent update will cost some money. Will this apply to me since I ordered the software yesterday?

Re: I finally bought the software!

Esperlad,

Making the move from Giga to Kontakt was a dream come true..can\'t look back now..just making my Giga conversions..

v1.3 is coming next..

Enjoy this great product!

Alan Russell

Esperlad, I think the update is only about thirty bucks. They\'re apparently charging because of many wonderful additions/upgrades -- one of which is being able to use the Kompakt library (which is top notch) within Kontakt.

I\'m very much looking forward to 1.3. I\'m curious to know when it\'s coming out.

The demo is working pretty well at the present time, but I really cannot wait until I get my full version.

Every VSL patch has worked great. I recorded a little piece using Kontakt and Gigastudio to see what the differences may be in sound quality. I could not tell the difference. They sounded identical.

The nice thing about Kontakt is that you can pull up two different patches, and then assign them to the same MIDI channel. This is great for the \'two violin\' sound I have always wanted.

Also ,there is a way to re-program most of the VSL key switching in kontakt.DL the tutorial it basically explains this.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Rich, are you referring to the tutorial that was posted by a guy called John?

That used to work with Kontakt for me prior to version 1.2 Now, when I try to import KS Giga instruments I seem to get a jumbled mess.

Is there a newer tutorial for converting Giga to Kontakt?

Thanks, Scott.

Originally posted by Scott Cairns:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Also ,there is a way to re-program most of the VSL key switching in kontakt.DL the tutorial it basically explains this.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Rich, are you referring to the tutorial that was posted by a guy called John?

That used to work with Kontakt for me prior to version 1.2 Now, when I try to import KS Giga instruments I seem to get a jumbled mess.

Is there a newer tutorial for converting Giga to Kontakt?

Thanks, Scott.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">yea ,theres a tutorial for 1.2.1 about group switching(basically the same as KS).KS works in Kontakt,u just have to set it up once u import your .gig patch.It takes a little works but once u figure it out ,its easy.Also check the post i just put up about programing MW x-fades.I wish Kontakts did these giga imports auto- matically ,but what can u do?..Rich

But eperlad, I believe u make be under the \"grace period\" making the upgrade free for u. I`d check the NI site to be sure when that window of opportunity expires,but i dont think u have to pay. Also ,there is a way to re-program most of the VSL key switching in kontakt.DL the tutorial it basically explains this. Good luck with Kontakt,its alot of fun .Rich

According to Navtive Instrument\'s website, I should get the 1.5 upgrade for free since I got my software a couple of days ago.

Thats what i thought..It looks good, no? Rich

I think you can scan the proof of purchase, and then email the information.

Go Back to forum