• Register
  • Help

Topic: What does it mean that the driver is not mapped?

Share/Bookmark

What does it mean that the driver is not mapped?

I\'ve recently bought a Echo Mia recording card, but Gigastuio don\'t seem to recognize it.

When dignostics is ran, it sees that there are wave outputs but it tells me that the driver is not mapped..
    User mode Drv Mia 1/2 Virtual Out, did NOT map.
    User mode Drv Mia 3/4 Virtual Out, did NOT map.
    User mode Drv Mia 5/6 Virtual Out, did NOT map.
    User mode Drv Mia 7/8 Virtual Out, did NOT map.

Does anyone know what this is???

Re: What does it mean that the driver is not mapped?

hello bonx
    i\'m using a gina card and i\'m getting the exact same report, everything works fine though (gigastudio&cubase3.7)

Hi bonx,

I have a MIA also and have no problems like that. You might want to talk with Echo or Nemesys tech support.

Can you select the MIA card in your Giga settings?

Doug

Bonx,

You\'re post reminded me of a reply I got from Nemesys support when I sent them a diagnostic. It seems that the lines you\'re quoting aren\'t really something to get worked up about. This is what I got back:

Hello Rick,

In the section of the diagnostic report below, the \"User mode.....did not map\" is an anomaly of the program. Every card reads this way for some reason. The important thing to note about this section is the Giga Compatible hardware section at the bottom. You have 1 active GSIF card which is the Pulsar with 8 outputs supported.

(end quote)

So it seems that those lines may not be pointing to any problem at all. Not that this means there IS no problem, simply that the diagnostic isn\'t much help in that area.

Thought it might help though.

Go Back to forum