• Register
  • Help

Topic: Black Death

Share/Bookmark

Black Death

This is a composition that reflects upon my current and declining health conditions.

The footage in the video is my own. A few years back when I was able to get outside more, I went and filmed the Monument of the Grey Nuns and surrounding area in St. Boniface, Winnipeg.

Libraries Used:
    Soundiron - Voice of Rapture: The Soprano (Soloist)
    Helix (Pad)
    Garritan Instant Orchestra (Choir)

Regards,

Richard

Re: Black Death

Oh my! I am so sorry to hear about your health problems, Mister Richard. I sincerely hope that things turn around and get much, much, much better for you soon. Hang in there. You are going to be fine. I have ordered it!

Let us know how you are doing from time to time and keep your chin up, Eh.

Your music is beautiful. Well done!

My best to you.

Larry Alexander

Thanks a lot Larry, appreciate that. It's been very rough these days and sometimes it just gets to me, but I am still kicking around! Thanks for liking the composition too!

Your cold frozen Canadian friend,

Richard

I love this! Very beautiful and "moodariffic," I made that up with mood and terrific, lol. Do you have any type of score, even a rough one from a DAW, and was the solo voice made up of prerecorded phrases?
    Rod

Dear Mr. Suru:

I am not responding for this music, however good it is.
    However, as an other Hungarian-Canadian, I can not go by without trying to urge you to grab your booth-straps, and raise yourself to a more optimistic level. I am watching your progress for a few years now, your involvement with your beloved Tara and your deep depression over your loss of Her.
    If Tara would be able to communicate to you, she would say, for sure : Quit this, continue with your life, I am OK, your misery is not helping me, and certainly not helping you.
    Your health issues, which I do not know what they are, are either curable in time, or, maybe the medical profession can only make you more comfortable. In any of these two possibilities, your mood is an important factor and it is only you, who can change it for the better. Life is short for all of us, and we should aim to make this time as pleasant as possible.
    Let me put myself up as a mentor for you and provide an example to follow. I had a near-death heart attack in 1987. Lucky me, I recovered but under constant care, because I can drop any second for the past 28 years, including today. So, I could prepare myself for all this time that I am going to die. Instead, I manage to not even think about it, live like I would live forever and I am a happy person. Do it Mr Suru, and keep writing music in a more optimistic, happier style, it will work I am sure.
    With a friendly hug

Ted

I agree with every word from Ted.
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Ted, I just want to start out by saying I am glad I met you. As a fellow Hungarian it really is a pleasure to know you. I respect you a lot. You probably had relative experiences just like my Grandparents. You are a good person and I can understand your comment. Yes, I am not the happiest person, and this is a struggle between both the loss of her and my health complications which seem to just be getting worst. Unfortunately, this kind of music is the only kind I know how to compose. All I can really say is that if people are tired of my compositions about my life and past, I can always just stop sharing them here. I would also like to note that I am not angered or upset by what you said, Ted. I do appreciate and respect every word you said.

Regards,

Richard

I do apologize Richard. I should not have suggested that you should write happier music. It is the same if one would suggest to me to write metal,acid or Jazz. I would not be able or wish to do so.
    But, while you agree with, at least some of it, what wrote, you are ready to punish me by saying you could quit posting your music. Please do not do this. While we, the Forum, like your compositions, we also worry about you.
    This worry is what prompted me to write.
    There is nothing wrong with your beautiful music. There is something wrong with you, illness and devastating loss of a loved person. Only you know the pain these two cause to you. However, it is our wish as a group that you try to overcome both problems, as I said before, Tara would want you to be happy, so do we, your friends.
    So keep writing what is in your heart and keep posting them.

Again, a Hungarian hug

Ted

Ted, I just want to say thank you. That really touched the heart. I've been here for a few years now and all of you have been great friends. I also want to thank all of you for understanding everything. Ted, I want to apologize for bringing that worry. It was not my intention. My life is pretty black and white right now as I struggle through all of this, and it comes out in everything I do including my compositions, poems, and writing, etc... Anyways, I am very grateful to have you as a friend, Ted. You are good person, and it's good to know a fellow Hungarian!

Hungarian Hug Back,

Richard

Go Back to forum