• Register
  • Help

Topic: Giga/Sonar and Midi Help needed

Share/Bookmark

Giga/Sonar and Midi Help needed

The long and winding ost,,,thaaaaaa –tt, leads me here:

Hey there,

First off, thanks for checking out my post - -I need help, big time (along with some counseling I’m sure –grin)….

Anyway, I am an audio guy who is moving into the world of midi and have since purchased SONAR and GIGASTUDIO (which I love) and have been using Acid 2.0, 3.0, Protools, etc, for quite some time.

Presently, when I record tracks in Acid, I use giga studio to load my samples and then use Acid, Vegas, or SONAR to record the tracks of my analog sources (guitar, keyboard (Karma), bass, etc as AUDIO without a hitch.

However, I am scoring an orchestration piece for a short (film) and by using the gigasample as my source, I want to use SONAR to record my performance but as midi so I can edit the hits and make them more realistic.

First off, let me say I can’t even get SONAR to record the KARMA midi - - I know it’s sending midi via channel(s) 1-16, as I use it for gigasample, and I can see on the midi box (lower left of sonar) that it’s receiving signal - - but for the life of me I can not figure this out. I have been using audio, protocols, etc and have just recently lunged into the world of midi as I know that the right editing, you can make you performances sound very realistic.

Here’s what I have on this particular PC, soundblaster(for MIDI) card and a mia echo card and I am running the outs of the sb (for giga) into my digital board where I then route the mixer to my mia card.

Can someone point me in the right direction on how to make SONAR and GIGA work together - - I want to record the giga as mini in sonar and then be able to edit the midi tracks. Is this possible?

I would even be willing to pay someone to walk me through this over the phone.

Many thanks,
    Jonathan

Re: Giga/Sonar and Midi Help needed

Are you launching Sonar from Giga?

Re: Giga/Sonar and Midi Help needed

oops..hit submit too soon

From what i can gather from your long winded question your seq is recieving from the Kharma but not emmiting sound through your card..are you assigning an output to your midi?

Go Back to forum