• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Topic: Resurrection for Marching Band or Concert Band

Share/Bookmark

Resurrection for Marching Band or Concert Band

It's marching band season, my friends, so here is my Resurrection for marching band. Typically, marching band/ drum corps pieces need to be kind of short. Thanks for listening and commenting.
    Sound for Marching Band: https://app.box.com/s/5lpmb5fa8xvapr84fdq46w18zl4x2vbk
    Score: https://app.box.com/s/gcvw2tmwbhsbr0252scsdtzy6h6q21dm
    UPDATE (8/17/2015) Sound for full orchestra and chorus: https://app.box.com/s/bjgxr5xjjh13ahaeqk6hafs3sps30gu3
    Rod

Re: Resurrection for Marching Band or Concert Band

This certainly evoked memories of the old drum and bugle corps days. Excellent piece - captures the spirit and mood wonderfully.

Tom

That's some very good writing, young man! What are the sources of your sounds, if I may ask?

Are you in the field of music professionally. If not, you should be.

Thanks for sharing your music. I enjoyed it.

Regards,

Larry Alexander

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    This certainly evoked memories of the old drum and bugle corps days. Excellent piece - captures the spirit and mood wonderfully.

Tom
    Ah, thank you for your kind words, Tom. That's exactly what I was going for. I might try to expand this a little, maybe even try an orchestral version or incorporate this piece into a trumpet concerto that I need to write, but my goal is to eventually send this marching band version into Arrangers' Publishing Company who publish mostly marching band music for consideration. Do you feel that the piece needs anything else concerning the marching band version? Maybe a little longer?
    Rod

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    That's some very good writing, young man! What are the sources of your sounds, if I may ask?

Are you in the field of music professionally. If not, you should be.

Thanks for sharing your music. I enjoyed it.

Regards,

Larry Alexander
    Larry, you made my day and filled me with so much hope. I used Finale for the score, Cubase for the DAW, and Cinesamples for the sounds.

I am the staff composer for a school called Millennium Academy, I have private students, and around three publishers, but most of the time I doubt my compositions as much as someone who has just started out. So, it's great to hear when someone reasurres me that I'm on the right path. My pleasure for sharing, thanks for taking the time to listen and comment.

I would like to hear more of your works. Do you have a music website that I can access?

You are a talented, creative composer and I appreciate your music very much!

Best,

Larry Alexander

I'm not sure I would change much of anything - perhaps a little more doubling to assure that all the various instruments of a D&B have a part. As for length, the range of needs are from 1 minute to maybe 5 minutes for a field piece. There are a variety of needs for a piece of this length. If you are specifically thinking of an intro pr closing piece for a field show you may want to add a minute or minute and 30 seconds. Contemporary D&B groups are going for more variety during a show - and this piece certainly would fit in. You certainly captured the "sound." There is no limit as to what you could do with it.

BTW, what samples did you use? Garritan CoMB?

Hi Rod.
    Listened and enjoyed.
    May I ask if do a marching band could really play something like this? ( )
    Fabio
    Arrigo Beyle / Milanese / Lived, wrote, loved -- Stendhal
    Being Italian is a full-time job -- B. Severgnini

Quote Originally Posted by fabiolcati View Post
    Hi Rod.
    Listened and enjoyed.
    May I ask if do a marching band could really play something like this? ( )
    thank you for listening, and I'm happy to hear that you enjoyed it also. Just curious, why do you feel that a marching band would have a difficult time performing this?

Quote Originally Posted by larryalex1 View Post
    I would like to hear more of your works. Do you have a music website that I can access?

You are a talented, creative composer and I appreciate your music very much!

Best,

Larry Alexander
    Thank you once again, Larry. You made my day. I will try to work something out so you can listen to more of my stuff. I will try to come up with a link soon.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast