• Register
  • Help

Topic: Voyager - A veriation on a theme

Share/Bookmark

Cool Voyager - A veriation on a theme

Getting ready to participate in the 48 hour film contest here in good 'ol Beefalo New Yaaaak. Using Garritan exclusively, however after this weekend I will be upgrading everything to run as much as I can, when I can, can can, and pole dance. I hope you enjoy. I took the theme from Star Trek Voyager and split it into, with the recipe for a Flint Rubble Double Bubble Take on the theme.
    You may have to toin it up some. Use headphwenz or if you have a nice system - ta - tem - tem!

http://rm1001.s3.amazonaws.com/publi...29d.mp3?c=d90d

I have no idea ... why do you ask?

I used to fight software ... now I fight fires.

Not one comment? Hmmmmmm ... must be doing something right ... or left.
    Styxx

Re: Voyager - A veriation on a theme

Quote Originally Posted by Styxx View Post
    Getting ready to participate in the 48 hour film contest here in good 'ol Beefalo New Yaaaak. Using Garritan exclusively, however after this weekend I will be upgrading everything to run as much as I can, when I can, can can, and pole dance. I hope you enjoy. I took the theme from Star Trek Voyager and split it into, with the recipe for a Flint Rubble Double Bubble Take on the theme.
    You may have to toin it up some. Use headphwenz or if you have a nice system - ta - tem - tem!

http://rm1001.s3.amazonaws.com/publi...29d.mp3?c=d90d

I have no idea ... why do you ask?

I used to fight software ... now I fight fires.

Not one comment? Hmmmmmm ... must be doing something right ... or left.
    And here's the first comment. (Sorry that I don't speak your kind of awkward English, but I'll give it a try.)
    About the music now. This is a very elaborate piece of film music, nicely rendered in a very realistic acoustic ambience. I don't like the word 'epic' for musical descriptions, but here - for once - it fits. Its's telling a story of its own with extremely well chosen means (percussion). The overal orchestral balance is fantastic and provides a lot of detail in the orchestration.

Consider me a happy listener,
    Max

Thanks for listening.
    Styxx

I hear more Bladerunner than StarTrek, but whichever - you have come up with a very, very nice piece that easily allows of expansion and variation. Congratulations on a job well done.

Tom

Wow! I haven't heard that theme in a long time. You used the motive extremely well. If you hadn't mention Voyager, I wouldn't have even guessed why listening to it would have been so familiar. Great Job!

Well done Styxx and it is good to see you on the forum again!
    [Music is the Rhythm, Harmony and Breath of Life]
    "Music is music, and a note's a note" - Louis 'Satchmo' Armstrong

Rich

Wow! Pretty cool production effort on you veriation on the Voyager theme. It's sounds like you sent them through a time warp in space. Great mix of samples.

Good luck on the contest!

Phil

Thanks all for listening and the kind words. I'm in the midst of upgrading all my gear. Finding myself in need of more space (no pun intended ... wait, yes it was! Ha!) . I also post my latest work for the 48 hour film contest here in Beefalo New york. Take a listen. Was fun to do and I was nominated for best music (although the other guy got the award) I had a great time at the award dinner!

https://youtu.be/tysrVdYbrZ4?list=PL...ftMiqAw4zMboib
    Styxx

Go Back to forum