• Register
  • Help

Topic: Gigastudio 160 Gigapiano disk not found when registrating

Share/Bookmark

Gigastudio 160 Gigapiano disk not found when registrating

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I\'ve installed my GigaStudio 160 before on my computer, never having troubles, but this time it won\'t read the GigaPiano CD when it\'s needed for registration.
    When registration asks for Gigapiano (Disc 2) CD, and I\'ve inserted it, after clicking on the next button it says GigaPiano (Disc 2) was not found. I\'ve tried over and over with no results.
    Has anyone dealt with this problem too? Does anyone know a solution?

Re: Gigastudio 160 Gigapiano disk not found when registrating

I have been trying to get registered for a year now, same problem. The tech support at Tascam was very responsive by e-mail, but in the end, they said some systems just will not generate the registration files from disc 2. So I must re-install every 60 starts! I am hoping in Giga 3.0 this will be fixed. Do you happen to have a Compaq Athlon 1.2??? Really this is another bug they need to fix.

Got my problem solved!

I had the problem forever, had to continually re-install after so many launches. I found a solution that has finally cured it: you need to go into the registry editor and find a key called \'userkey\'. You then insert your registration number here and it will not ask you to register when you launch Giga anymore.

Hope that helps.

Here\'s a link in case you have a bad GigaPiano CD: www.nemesysmusic.com/BadCD.html

[QUOTE]Originally posted by donimon:
    [QB] I had the problem forever, had to continually re-install after so many launches. I found a solution that has finally cured it: you need to go into the registry editor and find a key called \'userkey\'. You then insert your registration number here and it will not ask you to register when you launch Giga anymore.

Hope that helps.

btw - the key is in: HKEY_CURRENT_USER - Software - Nemesys-Gigastudio-User. If it\'s not there, just create a new called \"UserKey\" and set your registration number as the value.

Thanks guys!!!

awesome fast replies!

Luigi,
    How did you solve it????
    I just ran into the same problem this week!

Please advise,

thanks
    Ed

Here is a link on this problem:

http://www.northernsounds.com/cgi-bin/ultimatebb.cgi?ubb=get_topic;f=2;t=000799

In my case it was my own fault: my CD-ROM wasn\'t connected good.

Go Back to forum