• Help
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast

Topic: Pictures of studios - the best setup -

Share/Bookmark

Pictures of studios - the best setup -

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Dear friends,

I would like some inspirational pictures of studio setups. I visitied Bill Browns website and got an idea about a professional setup. Could be great to have additional inspiraton - both from the pros and the upcoming pros - what does your setup look like? How do you organize your keyboard, mouse, screens, keys - lemme know if you know of a website -

Forever yours truly -

Chris

Re: Pictures of studios - the best setup -

Hiya...

I am not a pro and will never be a pro, but you can check out my amateur setup on my webpage,

http://www.geocities.com/yjunwong/

Goto \"Red Brick Studio\" and you can see a step by step construction of it...

Layter...
    meeehoon

Lewis,
    While I do not have pictures of my composing rig (the studio pix are on are web site),
    I have made my own version of Hans Zimmers setup. (see keyboard mag two months ago)
    All from the \"as is\" pile at ikea.

Its a big U shaped desk top (actually 2 pieces put together). My 88 note controller fits in perfect.
    I have 2 12 space racks underneath on each side. 2 video monitors in front with Genelecs on the sides of them. Other computer monitors go in the left and right corner.

For under $100 for the desk I think its great.
    http://www.ikea-usa.com/product_presentation/subcat.asp?id=438,435,433&pageSetUp=438,0,0
    These are very expensive if bought new but the tops turn up in the \"as is\" pile all the time.

So in a small space I have a Pro tools rig with dual monitors in front of me.
    One giga computer monitor to the left. One to the far right. And my laptop running soft synths of to the side

Its getting good!!!

I think a \"professional\" setup may be overstating the issue. It\'s more of a common sense/ergonomical matter and depends wholly on the space you have to work with and how you prefer to work.
    -Hudson

Originally posted by Lewis:
    Dear friends,

I would like some inspirational pictures of studio setups. I visitied Bill Browns website and got an idea about a professional setup. Could be great to have additional inspiraton - both from the pros and the upcoming pros - what does your setup look like? How do you organize your keyboard, mouse, screens, keys - lemme know if you know of a website -

Forever yours truly -

Chris
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">

Simon. Is it possible you could take a shot of your current setup? I really need the inspiration!

Love - Chris

Lewis, sure I could - but my setup is very inconvinient, that is why I\'ve been looking for a new solution

Hmmmm... I think this is an interesting setup - even though it doesnt show the whole deal.

http://www.pigpendigital.com/studio/flatstation.jpg

The problem here is that the keyboard is in front of the keys. I would hate to play like that. I think the biggest problem is actually getting both keys, mouse and motherkeyboard within distance of reach.

I wanna go back to the old trackers - where I just printed dots with the mouse. No damn keys around. Just me - the puter and some nasty 8bit mono stuff.

I still think Bill Browns setup is the best I have seen sofar.

Simon. Another question for you. I take for granted you use several puters for gigastudio. Do you have keyboard and mouseaccess to both of them - from range of playing motherkeyboard - or is one/two of the computers just loaded with a setup?

Love - Chris

Lewis, I have three machines for GS and one for Korg OASYS - I use a KVM switch and one mouse+keyboard+monitor for those 4 machines, so I only use two monitors in all at the moment.

This might be a bit of inspiration for some of you:

http://homepage.mac.com/mauty/mike-desk.jpg

It\'s not quite done yet though; I plan to ditch the CRT and put a shelf in between the speakers to hold a couple LCD\'s instead. Then there will be a bit more desk space for the keyboard and possibly a LC XT when I rob my next bank... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Two Questions to Simon and Mike.

1. Simon - what kind of tables are you using? I mean - in which heighth is your keyboard and keys located? How is it organized? Please I need pictures! Please please!

2. Mike - is your tables custom build? It seems to fit perfectly around the keys? Nice setup btw!

Love - Chris

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 14 123411 ... LastLast