• Register
  • Help

Topic: A separate section for orchestration, harmony posts?

A separate section for orchestration, harmony posts?

sponsored links

I hate to suggest further dividing the forums, but would be valuable to have a separate section devoted to posts about composition\\music theory\\orchestration\\harmony?

(As it is now, won\'t such posts go into both the off-topic forum and the various string\\orchestral forums, so they\'re spread out over several forums, making them hard to find?)

Re: A separate section for orchestration, harmony posts?

here here!

I still think there just needs to be a \"Check out my tune\" section. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think things are already getting \"TOO\" divided....

the \"sample library\" discussions used to be filled with lots of good things to read. now there are only a few post posted. in fact.... altogther, it seems like I click on more discussions boards than I do posts....

I\'m sure segregating this \"happening burgar joint\" is best for the tens of thousands of vistors who come here.... I\'m sorry, I don\'t see all these thousands of people, and I didn\'t before. It\'s always been the same handfull of people with a few new ones here and there. Sure the sampling world is growing, but it is far from being mainstream.

We all sure a common ground, and thats sampling. Instead of coming together, we\'re being segragated, and you can tell this place is suffering by the lack of posts. it\'s no wonder, because no one gets to sit with anyone as a group anymore. I used to have my morning coffee with this forum, now I\'m long gone before I have my 2nd cup. It\'s sad.... [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

But hey, \"OT\" how about that war monger george that didn\'t win by popular vote [img]images/icons/mad.gif[/img] I wonder if he can get re-elected again with even less votes....

Aaron Dirk

[img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Ok ngstime(Aaron Dirk) Your post is very humorous to me. [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] are you sure you\'ve been to this site enough. The increase in numbers of people who come to this site after the little changes we\'ve made are astounding we are actually looking for a new server again [img]images/icons/grin.gif[/img] . Not sure how you figure you are seeing the same people I guess you own and monitor the server everyday. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]
    ngstime: Sure the sampling world is growing, but it is far from being mainstream.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">
    Lets not insult the intelligence of users on this board. Almost everyone uses a sampler or sampling at some point in his or her production these days. You must be new to the planet. In fact if you are talking mainstream there are very few popular songs on the mainstream charts that don\'t use sampling at some point. The National U.S. Television Networks including CBS who we personally service use sampling. The major developers of sample libraries would not be here if nothing was happening. The last time I checked there are more than enough software samplers coming out every year because of demand. By the way the forums are split into sections, so that users can get directly to what they want to see. If everything were put into one section it would take quite a long time to go through all the posts and would cause bandwidth issues. We take into consideration all request for sections and if the timing and numbers warrant it we make changes. Remember we own the server and if we see the need to create or condense a new section because of bandwidth issues then we reserve that right. Users and we do not want the board/server to crash it has happened to other bulletin boards who did not know of these issues. By the way if you go to most boards we probably have the least amount of sections.
    This board is far from suffering. There will be many new and surprising things happening. We are glad to be a part of it. [img]images/icons/cool.gif[/img] Although there are many post for demos and a section for composition sounds great. At this particular time we are not about to add a new section for this. If you want to see all the interesting topics click on “today’s topics” it will give you a cross section on what is being posted for the day that way you won’t miss anything.

So PaPa,

What\'s your take on the issue at hand. Do we need another section for posts announcing new works? Or do we go with the current hodge podge which seems to work like this, find an excuse to post in sample libraries because not everyone\'s going to see it in the OT section.

Just wondering, I\'ve got some stuff showing up on MP3.com in a few days and I\'d like to tell people about it.

Steve Chandler

Go Back to forum