• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Gentlemen please........ visit the other seperated forums

Share/Bookmark

Gentlemen please........ visit the other seperated forums

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    While I understand the perceived need to seperate out the forums and move OT threads to their appropriate place..........

the hardware/soundcard forum is only receiving FOUR replies per day!!!

If I had posted my question here instead I am sure many of you would have shared your insights.

I have made a promise to myself to visit the other forums often just in case I may have a solution/suggestion for someone that may save them time and aggravation.
    At the moment I could use some suggestions on my newest giga systems that I am building.
    My thread lay unreplied to in the hardware forum.
    Thanks in advance to all who click over there to help!!!!

best regards,
    ed hamilton

Re: Gentlemen please........ visit the other seperated forums

This OT topic is OT and should be placed in the OT forum...seriously, though, the more forums they stick in here the less I wanna bother searching through them. Talk about a catch 22...
    Yes, I may very well be one of the laziest people alive, but judging from the sporadic posting in every other forum, I\'m not alone.
    -Hudson

I\'ve posted on the Hardware and Soundcards forum a couple of times, but I find it time-consuming and inefficient to be searching through the forum for specific things when I know most of you guys hang out in \"sample libraries\" - so I say we just keep posting off topic stuff in \"sample libraries\" to keep things simple.

Thomas

I agree it is much easier if OT stuff can still be posted here. Alot more people clearly come here.

What would be great is to have a feature like the one they have on the VSL forum. When you log in, you have a link that shows all the new topics since the last time you visited. That way, you don\'t have to check each and every forum to see if there is something going on...

Martin

Originally posted by MartinL:
    What would be great is to have a feature like the one they have on the VSL forum. When you log in, you have a link that shows all the new topics since the last time you visited. That way, you don\'t have to check each and every forum to see if there is something going on...

Martin
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">....mine does. If you go into \"my profile\" and check the box for this feature, yours will too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Originally posted by ngstime:
    ....mine does. If you go into \"my profile\" and check the box for this feature, yours will too [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] [/QB]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Well, I can certainly see small yellow icons to tell me that new topics are available in a given forum, but there is no link to see all in one page what is new since that last time you came, as VSL have... Correct me if I am wrong...

Martin

OK I\'m pissed now.

Pappa.
    Every time someone has posted a \"soundcard\" discussion in this forum there have been many many replies.
    I posted my last question in hardware and ZILCH.

It is certainly not the case that my question had no one willing to reply to.
    Few people even saw it.
    Perverbial tree falling in the forest.

Now I post a simple request in this forum and get 9 replies in less than 24 hours.

It is not \"easier to navigate\" the forums to get answers if NO ONE GOES THERE TO POST REPLIES!!!!

Sure its easier. People will just stop posting.
    definately easier that way.

Is it not possible to have ONE forum view that in some way LABELS each thread as to its topic (if you can\'t tell by the title)???

seems simple enough. And people are then free to skim lots of interesting topics and participate in what interests them.

just a thought.

Sorry guys no one forum view. This was in the sample libraries section. Please direct you comments to the appropriate sections.
    Martin the topics are related to todays date and the last time you have visted if you are having problems you may have to clear your cookies from your cache.

This is right on the front-page martin. under the link \"today’s topics\"

http://www.northernsounds.com/ubb/NonCGI/ultimatebb.php?ubb=get_daily
    By the way the site is separated for the very reason of this post. Makes it easier to navigate for specific relevant issues. If you don\'t get a reply immediately it\'s possible no one has an answer pertaining to that question at that particular time. As stated above all the post for the day are in the today’s topics section. See the link above. This post will eventually be moved to off topic.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast