• Register
  • Help

Topic: OT: Yamaha S80 or S90?

Share/Bookmark

OT: Yamaha S80 or S90?

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Hi

I am really interested in purchasing the Yamaha S80, anyone on this forum have any experience with this Synth/Keyboard. I have played the S90 and like it, but I heard that the S80 is also very nice, as far as keyboard feel.

I cannot make up my mind, one which one of the two. The S90 is 600 bucks more..

Thanks

Dave

Re: OT: Yamaha S80 or S90?

Both are great keyboards. I have owned both.

I liked the S90 pianos (the new S700 samples) very much. I liked them enought to re sample and loop them into Giga and Kontakt.

Overall the S90 wave rom is much better than the S80. Rhodes, drums, orchestral stuff is all way better.
    It is lacking in pads, breathy stuff, good evolving patches.

I just put my S90 up on ebay but only after I sampled out a bunch of the waves. I liked it that much.

Hope that helps

ed

[QUOTE]Originally posted by ed hamilton:
    [QB] Both are great keyboards. I have owned both.

It is lacking in pads, breathy stuff, good evolving patches.

Ooh! Thats not what I wanted to hear but thanks for the heads up. I primarily love newg age type stuff, so I do not care abou the orchestral stuff. I would much rather have the evolving pads etc.

All orchestral I would use Giga for.

Any more suggestions?

Thanks

Dave

The piano action can\'t be beat for the price.

However, all controllers can\'t be assigned CC#\'s past 95, when they should obviously go to 127. When I brought this to their attention, they said \"huh\", and then told me that they will NOT do a firmware update. Drag. [img]images/icons/rolleyes.gif[/img]

\"I just put my S90 up on ebay but only after I sampled out a bunch of the waves. I liked it that much.\"

Wait, is this legal? If so, what, we can go to Guitar Center and buy a synth, sample it, and return it/sell it? I\'m not talking about reselling the samples, but actually using the samples in your own music?????

Go Back to forum