• Register
  • Help

Topic: 2 PC's (Setup Question)

Share/Bookmark

2 PC\'s (Setup Question)

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    Is there a way to set this up via a switch of sorts?

2 pc\'s - a monitor for each but only 1 mouse and Keyboard?

I have seen switches but the seem to use only ONE monitor.

Thanks all.

Yeah, I know it\'s not a sample CD question [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Re: 2 PC\'s (Setup Question)

Francis,
    you should be able to use ta KVM switch for mouse and Keyboard, but just plug the monitors into each computer and not the switch. It should work fine. I don\'t think the switch cares what is actually hooked up. You may be able to find a cheaper switch that only does the keyboard and mouse.

Jay

Originally posted by Francis Belardino:
    Is there a way to set this up via a switch of sorts?

2 pc\'s - a monitor for each but only 1 mouse and Keyboard?

I have seen switches but the seem to use only ONE monitor.

Thanks all.

Yeah, I know it\'s not a sample CD question [img]graemlins/tounge_images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">There\'s been quite a few good discussions on this. Do a search on KVM switches. FYI, KVM = Keyboard-Video-Mouse, so you don\'t need a second monitor. Good luck!

I have always wonder if it would be possible to use dual display mode with KVM switches...

Consider the following configuration:

2 computers (1 master, 1 slave)
    1 keyboard
    1 mouse
    2 monitors

The master computer video card can use dual display. Is it possible that when the switch is on the master computer, two monitors are used for display, and when switching to the slave computer, only one monitor be used?

Right now, I don\'t see any solution for this problem... [img]images/icons/confused.gif[/img]

Martin

Just plug the second monitor on the master\'s AGP card (monitor 2) then share the main monitor/keyboard/mouse with a KVM between both comps. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

So it can be done?

2 pc\'s, each have there own monitor but 1 mouse and 1 keyboard.

TY

Guys, I am using Real VNC - (a remote desktop program) that is FREEWARE.

This lets you take control of any machine on your network from your main DAW. The beauty of it is that you can hard wire a monitor into your other daws. SO in other words I am always seeing the screen of machine no2 but if I need to jump in and physically take control of it I just launch Real VNC.

This is much cheaper than running a KVM - all you need is to have your machines on a network. I can also confirm that you definetely see the other monitors displays - some thought this might be an issue with a KVM box.

If anyone wants a detailed explanation on how to setup Real VNC let me know.

Go Back to forum