• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Topic: Kontakt vs Kompakt included sample content

Share/Bookmark

Kontakt vs Kompakt included sample content

Hi

I\'m currently a Gigastudio user, and am thinking of buying either Kontakt or Kompakt for various reasons.

I only really use samples \"out of the box\" - I\'m not a tweaker - so I would think Kompakt would be easily sufficient for my needs.

One factor to consider is the included sample libraries. Does anyone know which is better quality, the Kontakt one or the Kompakt one? I have the list of included content from the NI site, and the Kompakt one is certainly impressive and has a few things I could use. But its difficult to compare because the Kontakt list doesn\'t say what collections the samples come from (or are they new, custom-made ones?)

I asked this question on another forum and somebody said they actually thought the Kompakt library was BETTER. If that\'s the case, then deciding which to buy will be a no-brainer for me.

Re: Kontakt vs Kompakt included sample content

Hey Ouch and welcome to Northern,
    I looked over those instrument lists a while back and asked around as well. The unanimous consensus was that while the Kontakt lib was a bit larger, Kompakt had far more choices. And judging by the sample manufacturers listed, not too many slouches in the bunch. It actually looked like a very good start up lib at the time. Now one must consider GPO which Gary should begin taking orders for shortly. Kontakt engine included! Of course that is strictly orchestral. No Yellow Tools drums... or are there Gary? [img]images/icons/tongue.gif[/img]

If, as you say you don\'t want to have to deal with tweaking samples, Kontakt is probably more than you need, not to mention more expensive.

cb

Thanks for your input. Yes, I was impressed by the Kompakt list - especially the inclusion of a few things like some of the Quantum Leap Brass. But as I said, its hard to compare it with the Kontakt list since the latter doesn\'t say where the samples come from.

All the samples included with Kontakt were made by Yellow Tools. I find them semi-useful. The Kompakt library seems a better collection to me.

but all in all what would you say, if you are not a soundtechnician or whatever.

do oyu think the library of kompakt is better and also the sampler is better for just playing stuff ???

or is there some really big advantage in kontakt, for instance, not as good dfd.processing like kontakt ??

Yep, I think Kompakt it is indeed.

THe Kompact lib. is way better. But, the sampler kontakt is way more versatile..Rich

Yeah but as I explained, I simply don\'t need that versatility and will probably never use it, so it would be a false economy to pay more, and forgo the better library for it.

Originally posted by Ouch that hurts:
    Yeah but as I explained, I simply don\'t need that versatility and will probably never use it, so it would be a false economy to pay more, and forgo the better library for it.
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">K, i see, the kompapt lib. does have alot of neat stuff! Rich

yeah, if you\'re using kompakt like gigastudio, with straight sample playback, then it seems like a dream being able to do something as simple as basic envelope editing.

Go Back to forum