• Register
  • Help

Topic: G.A.N.G. nominations....

G.A.N.G. nominations....

sponsored links

Congratulations to King Idiot and Maarten...

if I\'m not wrong...

King\'s Sly is nominated for best interactive score.

And Sam Horns for best sample librarie...

hope you do well guys.. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Re: G.A.N.G. nominations....

Thanks Alex [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I just joined GANG a few days ago. Its kinda neat to have your work nominated for something.

There\'s some great work up there. The stuff Ed did for Nitefire sounds AND works great. As well, I know what went into Mark of Kri since it used the same engine as Sly, so its impressive knowing the limitations (what a difference some reverb makes), and then there\'s Splinter Cell...like there\'s anything bad someone could say about that music? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Didn\'t check out Splinter Cell yet...it\'s on my \"to do\" list.. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I loved Sly. Great game and great work on the score..

What do you think about the Hitman2 and Headhunter scores?

hard to say, I didn\'t play either one so I\'m not sure how the music fits/works with the games.

I was really impressed with the variations on the Ghost n goblins/ghouls n ghost stuff that Maximo did. That game is freaking tough, but I got a kick out of remembering the old themes.

Rygar is also one I got a kick out of. Some nice music actually....and some jsut \"ok\"

Cant wait for Xenosaga, here\'s to hoping the music in that sucker is as good as the hype its getting

Thanks for the props, King, and I\'m real glad that you\'re on the GANG boards; unforunately the Nightfire stuff they\'re showing at GANG\'s award sections are the console versions, which I didn\'t do. I only did the PC version.

teh streaming interactve stuff too?

man they must have been buffering a ton of stuff, its pretty quick on the draw for switching, and I highly doubt it was internal audio on anything but the Xbox (or cube compressed streams). I wonder how flexible the engine is if it is streaming, and if its not, I\'m gonna have to take a look at the console versions of the game and pay more attention.

Id be curious to how they did it. Sly was all PS2 internal sound except the cutscenes. No reverb and 500k limitation, with 24 note poly limit. I should have written some more staccatto and \"stopped\" stuff, but it just didn\'t have the attitude I got from slurring notes....which ate up my poly....and we all know how much of a verb geek I am, so having none really wasn\'t fun. Gameboy guys have it really tough! [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Go Back to forum