• Register
  • Help

Topic: Video Out to TV via Sequencer....

Video Out to TV via Sequencer....

sponsored links

Hi all,

Is anyone doing this? What capture card/hardware/sequencer are you using?

I have been searching around and it appears a firewire capture card can do this... but how do you physically route the output to a TV if the video content is in your sequencer?

I have read that some sequencers have a \"direct to firewire\" option or that some capture cards include software to output any Quicktime/AVI video footage straight to the capture card output.

I know that Cubase SX doesn\'t have a direct to firewire option so I would need a card that can do it.

Can anyone offer any suggestions?

Thank, Scott.

Re: Video Out to TV via Sequencer....

Thanks Sharmy, unfortunately I am not running a Mac..

but just to clarify anyway... are you outputting the display to a TV?

Regards, Scott.

Hi Scott,

According to SOS magazine feb03 you should be able to send video to firewire using Cubase SX, and for instance use ADVC100 from Canopus (www.canopus.com) to convert the signals to analog.

I am using a different setup that works for me:

I have a Matrox G450 gfx card (this will probably work with all the Matrox dualhead cards). The secondary display is connected to a regular TV (using a cable converter that came with my matrox card. Could be purchased seperatly). When I play video through Cubase SX (or any other way) I get the small window we all know in Cubase, and a fullscreen display on the TV. This is done using what Matrox refers to as \"DVDMax\".

Cubase SX only gives video on an external monitor with Miro DC30 (old card, you can only buy it used and I\'m not sure if there are any XP drivers) or Matrox G400/450/G550 with DVDMAX.
    I use a G450ETV, it\'s a cheap (£100) capture card based on a G450 card, it gives one VGA out and one TV In / Out (composite or SVHS) it works OK. I figured it was a cheap solution until Steinberg add better video card support.
    If you go this route, get another codec, Like Mainconcept, Picvideo or Huff, they are much more effiecient than the standard Windows ones.
    Now Steinberg have been bought by Pinnacle, I expect we\'ll see some newer card supported some time in the future.
    Regarding Firewire, I know it worls on the Mac, but not sure on the PC, I\'ve never used it.
    hope this helps

Hi Brian and Bluenote, thanks for your help! You have given me a push in the right direction cause I happen to be running a G400 on my second DAW.

It just so happens that the second output on the card is not being used either!

Mmmmm... Only thing is.. it is my second DAW not the main one and I run SX on the main DAW. Well I\'ll figure out something... [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img]

Regards, Scott.

Belive it or not, a G400 is meant to be better than a G450 for video as it has some hardware accleration chip which the G450 doesn\'t have. I only found this out after buying a G450 [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] This probably mean you are better using the Matrox codecs as they\'ll be dealt with by the hardware and leave your processor for audio.

Go Back to forum