• Register
  • Help

Topic: Who is E.S. Posthumus?

Who is E.S. Posthumus?

sponsored links

Do you guys know who I\'m talking about? Who is this guy? Is it Nick Phoenix? Nick, is it you?

It seems likely that he\'s on the West Coast, he used the Seattle musicians which is quite common for LA composers.

Please, someone tell me!

Re: Who is E.S. Posthumus?

Dan Dean...is it you? Dammit Dan....is it you? I gotta know!

Now that you mention it it does sound like Nick...

E.S. Posthumus appears to be the two brothers Helmut Vonlichten and Franz Vonlichten.

Indeed \"shrouded in mystery\" - as they say on this page: http://www.cinemusic.net/reviews/2001/unearthed.html

its two brothers. They went out and sampled some choir and orchestra phrases adn cut them up into dance-like tracks. Completely and utterly simple stuff if you ask me, but still kind of cool.

Nick made similar music for the VotA demos, which is why we think he did all those Minority report/Spiderman/Pirates of the Carribean/Planet of the apes./..etc trailers. Its actually the overused Posthumus stuff [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] (used completely terribly in pirates of the carribean).

That said, I like VotA cuz I can get a similar sound [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] and I\'m sure that QLSO will get me a similar orchestral sound. As well Storm Drums will give me some similar percussion sounds.

yeah i have the ES \"unearthed\" Cd in which they use the bejesus out of on most trailers these days. I would totally say it sounds like the vota demo in one part, the cd itself is not your average cd, there is nothing on it suggesting where they recorded from or mixed at etc... it\'s an ok buy if you can find it. i ordered mine from cd street several months ago.

I actually heard this \"coming attractions\" promo for the new and improved SciFi network when they were showing \"Taken\" and I was totally blown away by the coolness of the music....having worked for the SciFi gang before, I actually had newfound respect for whomever they hired to compose such a cool piece.

Now I discover that it\'s track 6 on the Posthumous CD (Nara) and I think it\'s a bit cheesy that SciFi didn\'t actually hire someone to write custom music for their promo (cheapos)....but I still like the music!

Go Back to forum