• Register
  • Help

Topic: best sounding audio cd (digital dance music) for mixing/mastering reference

Share/Bookmark

best sounding audio cd (digital dance music) for mixing/mastering reference

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    i need the best sounding (= mixed & mastered) audio cd in the digital dance music genre (mainly melodic Trance as being closest to my productions), for reference purposes (mixing: EQing & compressing mainly, mastering).

please name the group and the album title.

i personally think \"The Prodigy\" has a very good sound so i tend to use their releases as reference but maybe someone out there knows a still better sounding group/release.

thx a lot for inspiration,
    W.K:

Re: best sounding audio cd (digital dance music) for mixing/mastering reference

WK

Leftism by Leftfield has a fantastic punch in the low end IMO.

Mezzanine by Massive Attack is very nicely mixed although it\'s not Trance. Masses of bass end but well controlled.

Be wary of Trance and other dance compilation CDs. The mixes are often taken of vinyl and can often sound pretty crappy as a result.

hi Dave,

kewl! i will go for these 2 albums then and check them out! thx for the tip!!

btw seein ur url may i beside my main topic ask u another question: i wann get exactly into the musical sector u work into: producing music for video games. what is the best way to reach there? i m young and completely unexpereinced but have some serious prods ready soon which i think are perfect for games like eg. \"Wipe Out\". is it good to adress myself directly to video game manufacturas or should i better try to get a place in video game specialized music lables/producers like eg. urs?

thx for nfo,
    W.K:

anybuddy else could give his opinion/reference please.

Go Back to forum