• Register
  • Help

Topic: The Old Christmas Clock

Share/Bookmark

The Old Christmas Clock

Now this one is just silly, but I couldn't resist. Going through the attic recently I stumbled upon an old, old mantle clock that we used to put over the fire place every Christmas. It stopped working a long time ago. When I picked it up it made all kinds a little clunks and rattling sounds. I started wondering what it used to do on Christmas Eve when we were all asleep.

https://app.box.com/s/vmzyj7ryeczot1hb4of8qkz44of79phw

Re: The Old Christmas Clock

Tom, you are a great inventor. Love the sounds and your idea. Brings back memories of our Grandfather clock, made in Neuvied in 1789, listening to it, trying to fall asleep when ill. After the soviet occupation, I found the uper part of the clock outside on the ground, door missing and it was obviously used to feed horses from it. The works, HAND FILED BRASS gears, we never found. I loved uncle Joe.

Ted

Thank you, Ted.

I am grateful that you found some pleasure in it.

I had fun with un-tuning some of the instruments. The old clock with all its little figures in porcelain and its wintry country side paintings was never, to my recollection, in tune with itself. Now faded and with a few chips missing and the mechanism long since worn out it still evokes pleasant memories. Even in its silence it still seems to sing.

Tom

Hi Tom,

What a pleasant inventive surprise. This is the proof: good music doesn't need to be complicated. Such a simple little thing is absolutely worth listening to. There is a highly creative mind behind it, always, like now.

Thanks for sharing,
    Max

Max,

It must have some value. I've had two requests to use it in animated projects.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by Tom_Davis View Post
    Max,

It must have some value. I've had two requests to use it in animated projects.

Tom
    I'm not surprised at all. Excellent job!
    Max

Go Back to forum