• Register
  • Help

Topic: Introduction: Hello.

Introduction: Hello.

sponsored links

Just a quick message to say hello to everyone here. Looks like a great forum, thanks to Crispin for making me aware of it.

I\'ve been working in the games industry for 11 years, not as long as Dave Govett has, but my first job was to convert his and Fatman\'s music for Wing Commander, onto Amiga.

Anyway, left EA after 5 years to go on tour with Massive Attack, which has since fallen through for me, so now I\'m going to attempt to earn a living as a freelancer.

I play electric violin, in a variety of styles, but I\'m more geared towards rock and punk. My website is in my profile if anyone is interested.

I look forward to chatting to people here, in the future.

madfiddling Mark.

Re: Introduction: Hello.

I wonder how many other VGM\'rs there are here [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

welcome [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

Cool, you did Wing Commander on Amiga? I remember that game hehe - orchestral score right? [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Anyway, welcome

I never used Amiga. [img]images/icons/wink.gif[/img] Anyway, welcome [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

[img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img] Yeah rearranging Dave and Fatman\'s Roland MT32/LAPC1 orchestral arrangements onto 4 channels. Hard work, lol.

Not sure how many VGMers there are here, but it was one who suggested the place to me.

strange that you mention MT32, I almost got one of those toland cards back in the day, it was really \"calling me\" but I opted with adlib compatable and soundblaster compatable stuff for the $$$

this was before I even got into playing/writing music. Or even paying that much attention conciously, and now I find myself here geeking out on samples... destiny..... or more likely... coincidence... [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]

I think some of the old mt32/lapc1 sound tracks still cut it nowerdays. Just listen to Strike Commander.

Chandler, Arizona

I still have my old Roland MT-32. There are a couple sounds that I still use. Must be the low quality samples and low bit rate that make them sound good.

Go Back to forum