• Register
  • Help

Topic: Does GS load slower and slower the more you load?

Share/Bookmark

Does GS load slower and slower the more you load?

It seems like GS takes longer and longer loading an instrument the more memory you have filled up with instruments already, no matter how much RAM you have. I just upgraded from 512MB to 1GB but even at 30% memoryload it still moves a long like a snail when it loads instruments. The first ones loads fast then it seems to get slower and slower.

Re: Does GS load slower and slower the more you load?

Maybe Giga defrags the ram? Try ask Joe Bibbo.

BTW: Since you are danish - why do you think Giga-products gets so little (non)attention in Denmark? If You look at the only music magazine - now only an online magazine: www.soundcheck.dk you NEVER hear anything about Giga, but everthing about Emagic and steinberg products.

Thomas

Re: Does GS load slower and slower the more you load?

Can\'t have anything to do with defragging memory, since it seems to have nothing to do with how much memory you have. I think it is something internally in GigaStudio that slows things down the more samples it has loaded or something... pretty bad though. About the Giga situation in DK dunno... I also know it is almost impossible to get hold of GigaSampler/Studio itself - I waited for months for GigaSampler... And MZone are not exactly being enthusistic about importing Giga libraries either......

Go Back to forum