• Register
  • Help
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast

Topic: Freedom Fries

Share/Bookmark

Freedom Fries

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I heard that they are no longer serving french fries at the white house. Now they are called freedom fries. \"Somebody shut up those Dixie Chicks.\" \"They\'re excercising their right of free speech.\" George Bush is a lying fanatic and much more dangerous than Saddam Hussein. He is an enemy of the American people and the world. I applaud the opposition from France, Germany and the rest of the world. May the truth prevail and the people of Iraq survive. I am excercising my legal right to oppose a rougue government, as is my DUTY as an American citizen. This is spelled out clearly in the constitution.

Re: Freedom Fries

Nick..as an American with a brain what would be your toughts on this.
    Why is your goverment picking on French exclusivly when both Russia and Germany share the exactly the same attitude?

Oh , and they are not serving french toast anymore ...only freedom toast..

What great nation you people could have...sad.. [img]images/icons/frown.gif[/img]

Alex

Lex, France have a veto on the U.N. security council. Also, to blame three countries might confuse people and suggest that there is more than one country who knows these actions to be illegal.

The U.S. cannot be tried in international courts for this (they gave themselves a window to allow these actions) but the U.K. can. I look forward to seeing Tony Blair in the dock \'defending\' this pre-emptive act of aggression.

So does Russia...but I guess it was easier to turn France in to an evil thing.

Alex

Originally posted by lex:

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Anyway, the Turkey shoot is about to start. I just hope that they go in with ground troops first and lob a few mars bars at them. I seriously doubt that there is a single Iraqi who actually wants to put up a fight against these invaders. But I also suspect that you have to offer soldiers some blood as well. There were dreadful accounts from the last war about what some British soldiers got up to. I hope it is not repeated.

So, good luck to operation \'We can\'t find Bin Laden so lets kill a few thousand people instead\'. This will surely wipe out international terrorism (\'cept the US variety) in a single blow. Geniuses all.

I look forward to peace and harmony and a better world. Thank goodness for elected leaders.

Originally posted by Z6:
    </font><blockquote><font size=\"1\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">quote:</font><hr /><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Originally posted by lex:

Alex
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Anyway, the Turkey shoot is about to start. I just hope that they go in with ground troops first and lob a few mars bars at them. I seriously doubt that there is a single Iraqi who actually wants to put up a fight against these invaders. But I also suspect that you have to offer soldiers some blood as well. There were dreadful accounts from the last war about what some British soldiers got up to. I hope it is not repeated.

So, good luck to operation \'We can\'t find Bin Laden so lets kill a few thousand people instead\'. This will surely wipe out international terrorism (\'cept the US variety) in a single blow. Geniuses all.

I look forward to peace and harmony and a better world. Thank goodness for elected leaders.
    </font><hr /></blockquote><font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">I cencerly hope so too...really whish that this will be the last stupid thing in the world...

If not I will pretty soon get a cottage in the desolate mountain, grow beard, grow potatoes and scream like an neanderthal to anybody who comes near my garden!

Alex

There was also talk of US economic sanctions against France. Even if you suspect ulterior motives for the French veto, when Chirac gave his reasons for the veto this WE, he reflected the vast majority world opinion. (The exception is the US, -where 50% of the population still erroneously believe Iraq was involved in 9/11)

Any nation on the Security Council with misgivings is meant to vote against the resolution, even if these misgivings are purely from self interest (it invariably is, e.g. potential loss of US aid). This is how the UN works. This is how a group of Jews got \"permission\" to form a nation on Arab Land (They then immediately grabbed more, doubling the size of Israel in 1949). It is not a judicial but a political body, but one that the US has subscribed to.

The UN is ineffective, both in its ability to decide what is just, its ability to act against injustice (UN forces, for obvious reasons, are unmotivated and fight like pussies) and its ability to stop unilateral warmongering (its main mission). On this occasion it is no surprise that this large body was unable to reach a clear decision, considering the large spectrum of opinion world wide.

The US\'s decision to go to war unilaterally with impunity has changed the UN into an irrelevant ornament. The UN is a very imperfect body, but it is the only global watchdog there is.

In principal, the world\'s only superpower working alone (or with any willing social climbers) would form a much more effective watchdog and executioner of justice. But not whilst the objectivity of its leaders\' decision making is influenced by their huge personal stake in the defence and oil industry, and its oversensitivity to minority lobbies.

Thanks Nick.
    Recently I had some irc chats with US people, and I took several xenophobic-like stupid bashes, for the first time in my life.
    I hardly believed it, but when I heard about freedom fries, I sensed the beginning of something very wrong. These symbolic actions looks exactly like flag-burning parties, or much worst. Renaming or destroying other countrie\'s symbols. You know what I mean.
    Not acceptable from educated and civilized people. White House? Wow.

I think the whole thing is to divert attention away from Bush\'s dismal domestic policies which are leaving this country in economic crisis, but I also have to say this...the French are complete morons. In fact, everyone who signed the last UN declaration which demanded the complete disclosure and destruction of Iraq\'s weapons of mass destruction and are now standing in the way of any attempt to enforce that declaration are morons. The *only* way to make Saddam comply with the UN resolution is with the threat of force, yet the French have openly declared that they will veto *any* resolution which would use military action if Saddam doesn\'t comply. The French stance on the reolution they originally agreed to is a joke. Hell, the UN\'s continued failure to enforce *anything* they\'ve passed regarding Iraq is a joke. Saddam has been laughing in its face for 12 years now, and its time we stepped in to enforce the very resolution the entire UN council agreed to.
    Once Saddam\'s chemical and biological weapons arsenals are uncovered, and that\'s something that could never happen while he and his cronies were playing three card monty with the inspectors, I think the world forum will have a very different opinion. The way Bush went about it was beyond pathetic. I\'m sick of his cowboy mentality and his big oil interests. He\'s driving this country into the ground. But I also think Saddam has tons of very nasty stuff in his bunkers. Once we find that crap, I don\'t think any of this will matter. People will realize that regardless of the reasons we went into Iraq, the world will be a safer place for it.
    -Hudson

Hudson,
    The shelf life of most chemical/biological weapons is very short. Bush and his clan have lied about this. VX gas, for instance, has a shelf life of 5 years before it breaks down. Any VX that Saddam has, is 13 years old. The CIA admits that he hasn\'t been able to manafacture any VX or any of the other really awful and powerful agents since 1990, because this type of manafacturing is very complex and requires the importation of numerous conspicuous chemicals. So, in short, they won\'t find much of anything. But, you can be sure that they will LIE about what they find.

Go Back to forum
Page 1 of 8 1234 ... LastLast