• Register
  • Help

Topic: Sick of the Media

Share/Bookmark

Sick of the Media

Being Hungarian, it does make me sick what they are saying about this small country, on the roadway to Germans, Ru-shians,,Turks, Austrians, ( a shortwhile even Rumanians). Hungary (less than 10 million) is second only to Sweeden in accepting refugees in the whole of Euorope. So far 200000 entered into the country ilegaly, and this country fed them and shelter them, and thousands are still in the country. The Austrians and Germans now closed their borders. Finally, Hungary closed the border with a fence towards Serbia, who gave 72 hours to them to pass through to Hungary. Still, Hungary is the scapegoat for the mess the USA generated in iraq and Syria, the Prime Minister mr Orban is called names by pinko German politicians.
    The "refugees" ( some of them, I am sure ISIS-sent murderers future terrorists), attacking the Hungarians yelling "Allah akbar", and trashing the food and water generously given to them by the Hungarians.
    I was a refugee from the Soviets in the true sense, and I will never forget the generosity of the Austrians and the Irish, finally my beloved Canada, and as such, I would never demanded anything from these generous Countries. I am sure, that there are legitimate refugees amongst the thousands. The Hungarian Government still have open gates to examine their status. If they are real refugees they are allowed to enter.
    Where are the ships transporting thousands of Syrians to the USA? Their politicians calling the Hungarians cruel?
    Here is our national anthem if you wish to hear it:

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=xObIbcFYtT0

Re: Sick of the Media

Unfortunately it is terribly hard to get information from the media, as new reports are highly manipulated (e.g. news reporter woman deliberately goes to the border fence, insults policemen then gets a photograph of herself crying because of pepper spray as if refugees were attacked).
    Being in Hungary, all I can say is that Hungary is doing its best to help refugees (already multiple thousands of those who registered and requested asylum got the refugee status), but as we have limits, we cannot give shelter or free travel to hundreds of thousands of migrants.

Thanks briff for not rejecting my blurb, I realized after I wrote it that this is not the place to went my frustration. I do apologize, not for the content but for saying it here.
    I do also believe that the Hungarians are doing what is possible for them to do.
    Thanks again for your understanding.

Ted

Ted,
    As has been said, we don't get a true story form the media.
    Frankly, I'm amazed that Hungary has been as generous as it has, but no country can continue to take thousands of migrants per day and deal with them in any kind of orderly fashion. There simply isn't enough housing to accommodate them all in any EU country.
    One of the recent reports said that 4 in 5 weren't refugees fleeing Syria.
    Most of the footage I've seen seems to show gangs of young men, not families.

My concern is that when they discover that the streets aren't paved with gold, how will they respond.
    Only time will tell.

John.
    Author of MIDI tutorials at http://midi-tutor.proboards.com/index.cgi

Go Back to forum