• Register
  • Help

Topic: Dreams

Share/Bookmark

Dreams

Not the nice ones, but the short ones, sleepless for days because of acut flair up of arthritis. At 88, nuch much choices left, surgery is too dangerous, my good doctor prescribed some medications to reduce the inflamation, and also some morphin to reduce pain for more than a month. Well, I did not take any morphin yet, I believe that is the last resort.
    So, can't sleep from the pain, but nature helps sometimes and I fall asleep anyway for short times, and that is a relief.
    I do not wish to cry on your shoulders, just explain my music.

https://app.box.com/s/05cx7mjojw2pmxoha6m2cr5hzy21pz54

Re: Dreams

Wow. This is quite stunning in a dramatic way. There are Wagnerian harmonies flying about under sweeping lines of Romantic melodic elements. This is really quite stunning.

Tom

Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    Not the nice ones, but the short ones, sleepless for days because of acut flair up of arthritis. At 88, nuch much choices left, surgery is too dangerous, my good doctor prescribed some medications to reduce the inflamation, and also some morphin to reduce pain for more than a month. Well, I did not take any morphin yet, I believe that is the last resort.
    So, can't sleep from the pain, but nature helps sometimes and I fall asleep anyway for short times, and that is a relief.
    I do not wish to cry on your shoulders, just explain my music.

https://app.box.com/s/05cx7mjojw2pmxoha6m2cr5hzy21pz54

Hi Ted,

Ted, you've again produced an amazing piece of very valuable music, no doubt about that. Your romantic soul has spoken in moving sounds. Great orchestration and recording. The GPO woodwinds are absolutely wonderful.
    The pain and suffering that keep you from a sound sleep must be very tiring, but luckily they don't withdraw you from composing good music. Some sort of comforting and soothing remedy. I wish I would be able to do so when the time comes...

I'm so glad I could start this dull rainy day with your very intense composition. Thank you for that. I will certainly listen many more times to it!
    Max

Thanks Tom and Max, very kind of you to cheer me up with your coments.

Ted

Wow, this is indeed quite beautiful, Ted. It does have the haunting imagery of the dream-state. Very well realized sound-wise as well, with plenty of effective dynamic effects. Sorry about your pain. It is the scourge of humanity. I am struggling with it already at 63. Physical therapy is helping, but I know there will be a time when it will require more drastic remedies, which I am similarly loath to take. I hope I will be able to create such beauty then as you are creating now.

Very good writing, Mister Ted. (Not bad for an old person.) Just kidding. I am in that category myself.

Nice flute and oboe work and a good sound overall. Thanks for sharing it with us.

Best,

Larry Alexander

Ted, I believe this is your finest work I have heard thus far. Excellent writing, my friend. I'm sorry about the place from whence it came, but happy that you are able to give us such fine work.

Take care, and best wishes
    Owen
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Thanks Michael,Larry and Owen, you all very kind to me.

Ted

Go Back to forum