• Register
  • Help

Topic: A Man with a Vase

Share/Bookmark

A Man with a Vase

sponsored links

***Advertisments***
    I am trying to make sense out of the media news reports this week.

First we have Donald Rumsfeld at a press conference angrily denying that there is any looting going on in Iraq. According to him there is only \"one man with a vase\" walking around Baghdad. Rumsfeld is mad because newspapers are showing the picture to make people believe that there is looting.

Then today, I read in the paper that: \"Looting Thwarts Plans for Quick Iraq Recovery\".

How much damage can one man with a vase do? What am I missing here?

Hans

Re: A Man with a Vase

It was actually slightly more than a single vase. [img]images/icons/smile.gif[/img]
    At least 170.000 items were reported to be taken or destroyed from Baghdad Museum only.

http://www.hrw.org/editorials/2003/iraq041403.htm

Maybe it was a vase of mass destruction.

Donald Rumsfeld is America\'s answer to Mohammed Saeed al-Sahaf. Another person who is quite capable of stating anything publicly that can further his totalitarian aims.

Dasher

\"It\'s the same picture of some person walking out of some building with a vase and you see it 20 times and you think, my goodness, were there that many vases? Is it possible that there were that many vases in the whole country?\" --Rumsfeld

Originally posted by Marsdy:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Completely LOL

Originally posted by Marsdy:
    <font size=\"2\" face=\"Verdana, Arial\">Jeez Marsdy. Thanks a bunch. I hadn\'t seen this thread until now. I almost peed myself laughing. Don\'t do this to me - it hurts.

Go Back to forum