• Register
  • Help
Results 1 to 7 of 7

Topic: Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

Share/Bookmark
  1. #1

    Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

    Of late, I have been actually making some money on an outsourcing site offering to write and produce songs for people. Not a fortune, I might add, but definitely worth doing.

    One of the vocalists I am using is a very talented lady by the name of Marri Nallos. A contact I have developed is very excited about doing an album for her, and has asked my help in producing it.

    Here is one of the songs that will be on it that we just finished. I didn't write the song; I just produced it. You might hear some Garritan instruments in the mix! Especially my beloved Steinway. I'm performing all the parts except for the vocals.

    I hope you enjoy it.

    https://app.box.com/s/3rd6guf493z1za3cpb6oewcr0jdsmi39
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

  2. #2

    Re: Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

    Fantastic song, Owen. Very beautiful in a perfect mix. Stunning voice too!

    Well done.
    Max

  3. #3
    Senior Member tedvanya's Avatar
    Join Date
    Jun 2009
    Location
    Canada,winter Mexico
    Posts
    1,002

    Re: Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

    I can not say more than Max, just prbably your playng of your favoured piano, which is just great!
    I like the singer also, I think she not only have a great voice, but can use it beautifully.

    TED

  4. #4

    Re: Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

    Quote Originally Posted by Max Hamburg View Post
    Fantastic song, Owen. Very beautiful in a perfect mix. Stunning voice too!

    Well done.
    Max

    Thanks, Max! Glad you approve of the mix - I'm still learning. Yes, Marri's voice is amazing. The person I'm working with to promote the song describes her as "a star waiting to happen". We shall see!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

  5. #5

    Re: Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

    Quote Originally Posted by tedvanya View Post
    I can not say more than Max, just prbably your playng of your favoured piano, which is just great!
    I like the singer also, I think she not only have a great voice, but can use it beautifully.

    TED

    Thanks so much, Ted. Glad you like the piano playing. Big secret: A lot of post-playing editing goes on! I'm a very clumsy player.

    That's a lovely comment about her voice - I shall pass it on! She'll be pleased to hear that.
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

  6. #6
    Senior Member fastlane's Avatar
    Join Date
    Nov 2004
    Location
    Shelton, Washington State
    Posts
    3,015

    Re: Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

    I enjoyed the song. It's a good song and she is a fine singer.

    You did a great job on the arrangement and sound production as far as you took it. I think at the very least she'll end up with a great demo album to shop around.

    I'm not sure about the words "when you were you". It sounds a little ambiguous. I think it's best to stay with conversational lyrics in a pop song.



    Phil

  7. #7

    Re: Here's what I've been up to musically - an original song

    Quote Originally Posted by fastlane View Post
    I enjoyed the song. It's a good song and she is a fine singer.

    You did a great job on the arrangement and sound production as far as you took it. I think at the very least she'll end up with a great demo album to shop around.

    I'm not sure about the words "when you were you". It sounds a little ambiguous. I think it's best to stay with conversational lyrics in a pop song.

    Phil
    Many thanks for the specific feedback. Actually, the singer and I had felt the same way about the song in general, so thanks for confirming!
    __________________________________________________ _________________
    My website: www.tunespace.net

Go Back to forum

Bookmarks

Posting Permissions

  • You may not post new threads
  • You may not post replies
  • You may not post attachments
  • You may not edit your posts
  •